Author Topic: Photo  (Read 3097 times)

Dorothyl

Photo
« on: 23:02:02, 16/12/18 »
Hi everyone.
I'm not 100 % sure if I've already asked this before.

But can anyone point me in the wright direction?
I'm trying to find some photos or a map if possible.  Or better still  both.

What I'm trying to find is an address of where my great gran Frances Jones lived before she passed away 1967.
Her address at the time was 41 fields court. Hattersly. Hyde.  She lived in one of the tower blocks.
I'm not sure when the was demolished.   My great grans  flat you could see the moors  from her window or balcony.

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again

Dorothy

Parky

Re: Photo
« Reply #1 on: 07:16:58, 17/12/18 »
Hi Dorothy , a few weeks ago you were asking for help regarding war records did you have any luck with my advice to you , ?, O0

Dorothyl

« Reply #2 on: 08:38:10, 17/12/18 »
Hi parky.
Yes I have had some luck.
I phoned the place up about my grandads army record's.  And I was told to phone back on Thursday that same week.   But before I could phone back. I received a email on the Wednesday .saying that finally  received my application form and will contact me in due course.

So I ended up phoning on the Thursday .and the lady called marina. Said I will recieve my grandads army record's after Christmas. And would take 4-6 week's .

She was really helpful .so I only hope they have the correct person on there file's.  Which they must have. Because of the name and date of birth. 

She even knew my grandads name after she asked my name.

Anyway thank you for your help and advice.

Dorothy

Parky

« Reply #3 on: 09:23:14, 17/12/18 »
Hi parky.
Yes I have had some luck.
I phoned the place up about my grandads army record's.  And I was told to phone back on Thursday that same week.   But before I could phone back. I received a email on the Wednesday .saying that finally  received my application form and will contact me in due course.

So I ended up phoning on the Thursday .and the lady called marina. Said I will recieve my grandads army record's after Christmas. And would take 4-6 week's .

She was really helpful .so I only hope they have the correct person on there file's.  Which they must have. Because of the name and date of birth. 

She even knew my grandads name after she asked my name.

Anyway thank you for your help and advice.

Dorothy.
brilliant news Dorothy ,  O0 O0

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 09:39:33, 17/12/18 »
 O0 :)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

lozflan

« Reply #5 on: 12:33:28, 17/12/18 »
If you could put details on ,procedure and cost. It could help me and others.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Dorothyl

« Reply #6 on: 19:49:37, 17/12/18 »
Hi lozflan.

I'm sorry  I don't mean to sound rude.  Please can you tell me what you mean by your answer.
I honestly don't understand what you mean.

what I'm trying to find out is where I can get photo from of the flats in hattersly Hyde. 
My great gran Frances Jones lived there from 1958 until  1967.

I only ever remember  going to her flat by lift. As she lived in one of the tower blocks .
the block of flats was called  Fields court . A part from what I've mentioned  I really don't know anything else . Other than she was found behind her door .and taken to hospital. Where she died .
I have been told 2 different things.  My mum said my great gran Frances had passed away behind her front door .and was taken to hospital.  When I sent the hospital a email  asking a question about my great gran .it said on her death certificate  she died in hospital . They sent me a email back  saying  it's possible  she hadn't passed away at home. But had on the way to hospital .

Maybe thats what my mum was told. That she passed away at home / found behind the door. And died on the way to the hospital .

So I decided to see if I can find any photos of what my great grans block of flats looked like .and see if possible  I could get a map. 

I really don't know where to start looking. I've tryed asking the  council in Hyde  last year. But I got told  they don't have the address on there list. Maybe I was asking the wrong department.

Anyway thank you again for your help and time.

Dorothy

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 21:07:35, 17/12/18 »
Perhaps Manx could get hold of some photos and put them on the forum ;)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

allan

« Reply #8 on: 22:06:49, 17/12/18 »
Also, if I remember correctly, Hattersley, although in Hyde was actually a Manchester Council overspill estate similar to Langley in Middleton.

It's possible that enquiries with the Manchester Council Housing Dept may yield a result

lozflan

« Reply #9 on: 11:15:16, 18/12/18 »
Dorothyl,I meant ,the method and cost of tracking your Grandads army record.
Im pretty sure all the Hattersly towerblocks have gone.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Dorothyl

« Reply #10 on: 13:52:56, 18/12/18 »
Hi again .
I'm sorry I got a bit confused .

I have sent my application form in for my grandads army record's on the 21st of November . Along with the payment of  £30 I sent a postal order .and a copy of my grandads death certificate and just incase. A copy of his birth certificate. 

I have phoned them last week  in answer to a email I received from them saying they hadn't received my application form yet and would I like them to send another one via email or post .
So I replied back .and then I phoned them.  I was told by the lady called marina .to phone back on the Thursday. Which I  did. But before I could phone back.  I received a email saying they have finally received my application form and would contact me in due course .
I still phoned them on Thursday  because I wanted to know when I would receive my grandads army record's .

I was told it be after Christmas. And it would take 4-6 week's.  But she didn't say if it was from the day they received my application form .

So now I'm not sure how long after christmas would it be . I reckon it would be in January.

Anyway im sorry for the confusion  I wasn't sure what you meant .

Dorothy

Manx

« Reply #11 on: 18:06:33, 18/12/18 »
Hattersley now comes under the control of Tameside Metropolitan Borough.

http://cms.tameside.gov.uk/history/archive.php3

in the search box type ->  field court, hattersley  - then, on the image page select 'preview'

(reproduction not allowed) - images can be purchased.

regards
Manx

allan

« Reply #12 on: 21:35:23, 18/12/18 »
Thanks for that update, Manx.  Although I lived in Manchester for many years I emigrated nearly forty years ago and haven't kept up with all the various changes to local government boundaries