Author Topic: Need some help please.  (Read 995 times)

Dorothyl

Need some help please.
« on: 10:15:03, 15/02/19 »
Hello everyone.
I'm completely stuck I have idea where else to look. I've been on ancestry. But because I have no further information
I don't know if I have the correct person.

I am now looking for my great grandad john jones . Apparently  he was living with my great gran Frances Jones but wasn't married to each other. 

How ever I was told my great grandad  (my grandads father ) is john jones.
He was found in the bathroom on the floor. He passed away. I'm not sure if he passed away there or in hospital or on the way to hospital .

On my grandparents marriage certificate it has my grandads father's name john jones deceased. 

And as far as I make out from what my mum told me a few year's ago. My great gran Frances Jones was living in sale  at some time. Even though she was living in cholton on Medlock before my grandad Alfred evan Jones was born. 

It's all a bit confusing for me. As I don't know which round .it is. Possibly  my great gran Frances was living in cholton on Medlock Manchester 1st  then moved to sale  then went to hattersly Hyde.  So it's possible my grandad knew his father.

I'm not sure if my grandads  father passed away before or after him.
I do have a photo of my great gran Frances and my gran eveline on each they have my mum and my auntie. Which was taken 1949. My mum and my auntie are near my great gran Frances.
But it's not my great grandad who is taking the photo .

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.
As I really don't know where to go. Having not much to go on its difficult.
My great grandfather john jones was a van driver  just like my grandad.

I hope someone could help me.
Thank you again for your time and help

Dorothy

Marj

Re: Need some help please.
« Reply #1 on: 11:38:25, 17/02/19 »

Hi Dorothy,

I think we would need some  dates,  Details of your grandparents marriage certificate would be a help.

Marj

« Last Edit: 11:52:06, 17/02/19 by Marj »

Dorothyl

« Reply #2 on: 10:12:44, 18/02/19 »
Hello again everyone.
The only marriage certificate I have  with my grandads father's name on it. Is

My grandad Alfred evan Jones and my gran eveline Schulman .

It just gives the names of the father's on it.

My grandparents was married on the 23rd of December 1933. My grandad Alfred evan Jones was living with his mum Frances Jones 59.Rusholme road cholton on Medlock Manchester. My gran eveline Schulman was living in 192 upper brook Street cholton on Medlock Manchester .

My grandads father's name is john jones deceased and a van driver as his ocupation.
My gran evelines father was David Joseph Schulman. He  was deceased and a auctioner.

Both my grandparents  are 19 and 24. In 1933 .my grandad Alfred was 19 my gran eveline was 24. .

From what I have found out from my auntie. My great gran Frances Jones was living with John jones but they was never married even my mum told me that she never married. 

John jones was found in the bathroom and passed away.  From what I have no idea .
I've asked my auntie about John jones.  She said at the time my great gran Frances Jones was living in sale when john jones was living with her. She thinks he passed away in the 40's she's not sure.

The reason why I asked her is because I have a few photos of my great gran Frances with my mum and my auntie and was taken 1949 they was living in sale then.

My mum and my aunties step father taken a few photos. I actually thought the man in the photo was my grandad Alfred until I saw the year my auntie put a sticker on. My grandad Alfred passed away 1946.

So I'm really stuck as I don't have any more details on my grandads father. 

What I don't understand is this.

How is it possible that my great gran Frances Jones and john jones and obviously my grandad Alfred all had the same surname. But my great gran Frances never married. Frances Jones is her birth name

Anyway I really hope you can help me with this ?  It would be great to find out more about my great grandad john jones.

Thank you again for helping me with everything.
I honestly do appreciate any help .

Thank you again everyone

Dorothy

Marj

« Reply #3 on: 16:21:16, 19/02/19 »

Hi Dorothy

See this site for deaths for John Jones there are quite a lot from 1914-1933 as you don't know his date of birth or the date when he died.

http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/

Marj

Dorothyl

« Reply #4 on: 20:20:35, 19/02/19 »
Hi Thank you for your help and the link.

Please can you tell me which one on the list I go on? I get so confused when I see these.

It really does help  thank you again for helping me. It's great knowing I have some help thank you so much.

Dorothy

Marj

« Reply #5 on: 20:56:26, 19/02/19 »

Top right hand corner where it says deaths, click on search deaths, half way down the page on the left hand side is the date range starts at 1837 scroll down to the years 1914, so on until 1933,  on the right hand side is the region scroll down to the Manchester region. and enter the name in the boxes

Good luck, hope you find the John Jones you are looking for.

Marj