Author Topic: STYAL RESIDENTIAL OPEN AIR SCHOOL  (Read 8908 times)

Jill kupczak

Re: STYAL RESIDENTIAL OPEN AIR SCHOOL
« Reply #30 on: 16:52:42, 15/02/21 »
Hi Elaine. Hardy You must have been there when I was.were you in Snow white house. My previous name was Jill spooner was there the same time as rose Whelan Sharon entwistle and Latinos hooker. Do you remember me.

Wythyboy

« Reply #31 on: 02:59:41, 21/09/21 »

Hi Jill Just saying hello and hoping you are well. Peter Pan Inmate.

Ed

« Reply #32 on: 18:52:57, 04/06/22 »
Reviving an old thread. I was sent to Styal in early/mid 1965 (probably) as I was a very poor school attender and they perhaps thought I needed some discipline and structure.

I didn't like it and just didn't settle and tried to run away on lots of occasions, usually making it out of the gates though not very far after that. They took to strapping me into my bed at night for a while. I think my experience was OK on the whole but I never took to it and may have been there for less than 6 weeks, I do remember being astonished at some of the girls having been there for years.

The only thing I do remember in any detail was being taken to see Carry on Cleo (!!) at the cinema. This was released in December 1964, I do not remember it being winter while I was there which is why I think it must have been early/mid the next year. No clue which house I was in.

DavidC

« Reply #33 on: 16:57:09, 03/02/24 »
Hi, I spent some time in Styal Open Air school in the 50s, I would have been around 4 or 5 years old. My name is David Cale but I doubt if anyone would remember me.

Aretha

« Reply #34 on: 18:39:00, 03/02/24 »
Hi David
I played with a boy called David in a sandpit but dont remember his surname
in the 50’s.