Author Topic: Manchester Garden City  (Read 1212 times)

swell

Manchester Garden City
« on: 19:00:52, 06/03/19 »

I just heard that the Manchester wall in piccadilly garden is going to be covered in greenery, what a refreshing idea!

This should be the start of a further push for the 'Garden City' of Manchester. Manchester is not london, we could lead
the way in Europe by pushing for further green urban projects, planting thousands of trees, green roofs, plant walls that would absorb pollution and give the people of manchester a greater sense of direction and wellbeing. As well as transforming the look of our city boosting tourism.  The eden project idea in Morecambe would help enforce this idea too.

The job of planting trees could be given to people on JSA (they should remain getting benefits) or drug addicts as I believe
this would restore a their sense of worth, whilst benefiting every single one of us. [/font][/color][/font][/color]

What do people think of this? :)

Parky

Re: Manchester Garden City
« Reply #1 on: 19:18:07, 06/03/19 »
Excellent idea , but I can’t but help think that the city council haven’t the will to do all this ,regarding Piccadilly Gardens it doesn’t need a capability brown and millions of pounds to get it looking decent again ,all it takes is the councils will and backing , police to have a zero tolerance against the scroats that plague the area and the courts to back the police , just one thing actually amazed and angered me today was the news that the legal and general pension fund holds a 250 year lease on the wall.

swell

« Reply #2 on: 19:31:46, 06/03/19 »
I agree, they should be getting tougher on that area, it's probably costing Manchester millions if tourists come to see the centre of the city and turn on their heels and jump back on the train. If criminals are convicted of an offense in the vicinity of piccadilly gardens, they should be forced to help clean up piccadilly gardens, to view the area from another vantage point. At least the green wall sets the tone for the city, maybe the council won't do anything, but to have that in the centre of our city could start the ball rolling!

Manx

« Reply #3 on: 10:17:40, 07/03/19 »
Rather than drab green, i preferred when the wall was covered in lovely pink roses several years back.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 10:47:54, 07/03/19 »
That's lovely, should have kept it as it's not a 'Garden' without flowers
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

« Reply #5 on: 11:04:21, 07/03/19 »
Too much "weed" around there now. Throw a fence around it, it's like a zoo.

swell

« Reply #6 on: 11:21:18, 07/03/19 »

Just look at the Supertrees of Singapore for examples of modern city regeneration. Green spaces are widely reported to boost mental health, reduce crime, increase output etc etc..[/size]

St Chads Lad

« Reply #7 on: 11:31:50, 07/03/19 »
They look very nice.