Author Topic: Piccadilly Gardens is not a 'no-go' area  (Read 2958 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Piccadilly Gardens is not a 'no-go' area
« on: 12:11:15, 07/03/19 »
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/city-centre-police-chief-insists-15934280

Alan Conrad Q.C. jailed a thug who carried out a terrifying attack at knifepoint.
« Last Edit: 12:34:09, 07/03/19 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Piccadilly Gardens is not a 'no-go' area
« Reply #1 on: 12:33:30, 07/03/19 »

Manchester Crown Court heard how the victim was waiting for his girlfriend at the 'Berlin Wall' as she got cash out from a nearby Spar when he was approached by a gang of nine men and robbed of £60.

Jailing Da-Silva-Tchia for four years, judge Conrad said: "Piccadilly Gardens is an area that should be an attraction in the centre of Manchester.

"But it has become a no-go area for many people. A place they avoid going to or passing through and cases such as this will re-enforce that feeling."

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 13:02:21, 07/03/19 »
The good inspector is merely protecting his pension , can you imagine if he’d have said “yes it’s definitely a no go area “ he would have been on school crossings in a day , put it to the test inspector “ clueless” ask your female family members to walk across the gardens at night

St Chads Lad

« Reply #3 on: 16:02:53, 08/03/19 »
Two scumbags approached a young man in his twenties last night in Parker st. in Piccadilly and struck up a conversation which turned sinister when they demanded his necklace, he tried to walk away but they jumped him and he was punched multiple times, stealing the necklace, luckily the fuzz have managed to arrest two suspects aged 22 & 24 on suspicion of robbery, Ins. Middleton is talking out of his, ahem, ass.

Parky

« Reply #4 on: 16:41:25, 08/03/19 »
Was having a chat about this last night in the local ,it’s amazing how many older law abiding people are now carrying weapons when they go out ,

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 16:44:10, 08/03/19 »
There are a lot of adult delinquents around nowadays if you haven't noticed

St Chads Lad

« Reply #6 on: 17:04:42, 08/03/19 »
Was having a chat about this last night in the local ,it’s amazing how many older law abiding people are now carrying weapons when they go out ,
   I don't blame 'em, did anyone see the video of the four lowlifes chasing the cyclist on the Fallowfield loop near Hyde road, this person just rode past the scum and they chased him, one of the louts threw a hammer at the poor guy for no reason, I tell you it's open season on lone members of the public.

Parky

« Reply #7 on: 17:14:28, 08/03/19 »
There are a lot of adult delinquents around nowadays if you haven't noticed
there are indeed Celeste ,most of them haven’t had the discipline of home , school and work ethic ,

Wythyboy

« Reply #8 on: 01:53:36, 13/08/19 »
I remember Piccadilly Gardens how they used to be back in the 50s 60s 70s Beautiful sunken gardens with roses and cropped lawns with benches full of elderly and some not so elderly sat upon them enjoying the summer sun. Walls ice cream venders and just a [censored] stride from any bus to take you home.
I now live in North Devon and have only visited the gardens once that was six years ago. I will never visit again. Absolutely appalling what they have done there. Masses of concrete, stalls selling tat and nearly being hit more than once by skate boarders and BMX bikes. Dreadful. Who on earth thought that the centre of a fine city like Manchester should be turned into the eyesore it is now. It is beyond belief.

lozflan

« Reply #9 on: 07:47:59, 13/08/19 »
Andy Burnam and Co seem to like it. I wonder how they will mark Peterloo anniversary.?.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

lozflan

« Reply #10 on: 07:20:32, 17/08/19 »
Well ,the spectacle of Peterloo celebrations will be burned into my brain forever.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 07:42:32, 17/08/19 »
There is to be a new Poet Laureate shortly when Carole Anne Duffy leaves, maybe Tony Walsh should be a contender?

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 16:15:24, 17/08/19 »
I remember Piccadilly Gardens how they used to be back in the 50s 60s 70s Beautiful sunken gardens with roses and cropped lawns with benches full of elderly and some not so elderly sat upon them enjoying the summer sun. Walls ice cream venders and just a [censored] stride from any bus to take you home.
I now live in North Devon and have only visited the gardens once that was six years ago. I will never visit again. Absolutely appalling what they have done there. Masses of concrete, stalls selling tat and nearly being hit more than once by skate boarders and BMX bikes. Dreadful. Who on earth thought that the centre of a fine city like Manchester should be turned into the eyesore it is now. It is beyond belief.

Couldn't argue with that, in fact my youngest son sat next to Pat Carney on the tram going into town and asked about it and was informed that the project had been passed to some company, the problem is procrastination i.e. not getting things done!