Author Topic: A Christian Message  (Read 1966 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
A Christian Message
« on: 17:28:08, 17/03/19 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-manchester-47603951/christchurch-shootings-man-sent-friendship-message-after-attacks

Christchurch shootings: Man sent friendship message after attacks

A Christian charity worker who was pictured outside a Manchester mosque with a message of friendship following the New Zealand attacks has responded after the image went viral online.

Fifty people were killed at two mosques in Christchurch on Friday. Australian Brenton Tarrant, who described himself as a white supremacist, has been charged.

Andrew Graystone told BBC Breakfast he went to his local mosque because "there's so much terrible stuff going on in the world about which I can do nothing".

"But I can make sure my neighbour is my friend."

56m ago

Lovely man :)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

Re: A Christian Message
« Reply #1 on: 18:01:30, 17/03/19 »
Yes, but wouldn't it be nice if some of people in Muslim countries around the world made similar gestures outside Christian places of worship instead of turning a blind eye to murders and arson attacks that happen frequently?

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 18:25:17, 17/03/19 »
Last week over twenty Christians were  massacred in Nigeria nothing on British media , there and in New Zealand the work of homicidal maniacs

St Chads Lad

« Reply #3 on: 19:18:13, 17/03/19 »
Muslim Fulani herdsmen are responsible for 1,700 deaths between January and September 2018, more than Boko Haram, and no one is doing anything about it says Bishop William Amove  Avenya of the Gboko diocese in Benue state, victims include pregnant women and children, he says.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 20:12:26, 17/03/19 »
Muslim Fulani herdsmen are responsible for 1,700 deaths between January and September 2018, more than Boko Haram, and no one is doing anything about it says Bishop William Amove  Avenya of the Gboko diocese in Benue state, victims include pregnant women and children, he says.

As Nigeria is in the Commonwealth, it would be good if the other Commonwealth countries (and leaders) put it to them that they have to take responsibility for these murders and bring the herdsmen to trial - if they don't then either sanctions and/or expel them from the Commonwealth
« Last Edit: 20:15:28, 17/03/19 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

« Reply #5 on: 20:36:17, 17/03/19 »
Might be tricky, the Islamic head-the-balls would use it to claim it was the West picking on Muslims and use it for propaganda purposes.

swell

« Reply #6 on: 20:45:30, 17/03/19 »
Christian, Jew, muslim, atheist whatever!
The fact is we should be standing up to hate wherever it happens, who cares how much the media report it, they just want to sell stories. The cycle of hate must be broken

St Chads Lad

« Reply #7 on: 20:50:50, 17/03/19 »
Sell stories? These are atrocities that are being carried out around the globe in the name of "religion", and some of the perpetrators are ending up here.

swell

« Reply #8 on: 21:07:15, 17/03/19 »
Was the NZ attacker a christian extremist? I don't think he was, so there is atheist extremism too

St Chads Lad

« Reply #9 on: 21:16:08, 17/03/19 »
That's deep, I don't know what his religion is, but having said that I think he was driven by ideology.

swell

« Reply #10 on: 21:25:10, 17/03/19 »
I agree ideology, maybe ideology is a kind of religion

ExileSteve

« Reply #11 on: 21:59:30, 17/03/19 »
To all those who are alluding to the double standards on display regarding attacks on religious groups or locations, remember to be a little careful. It appears that a number of people have already been rounded up on suspicion of CrimeThink. As I say, be careful how you phrase your comments, for democracy and free speech are in mortal peril these days.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #12 on: 22:30:06, 17/03/19 »
It's okay Steve I've got a plan, I'm gonna blame Trump, ;)   well everyone else does  :D .