Author Topic: TRYING TO FIND CAROLYN BARTON ' CADGE' FROM WYTHENSHAWE.  (Read 218 times)

Wythyboy

Hi
I am trying to fin CAROLYN BARTON Nick Name 'CADGE' who live in Woodhouse Park Wythenshawe opposite Oldwood School  6 Games Walk I think.
Carolyn's brother Geoff Barton of 'Proff Barton' of the same address was and remains my all time very best mate. I was absolutely devastated when I heard that Geoff had been killed while cycling home from a part time job at the Airport. Hit by a refuse lorry I heard and died five or six years later back in the 1960s after the ventilator was turned off.
I had just joined the RAF so that is the only reason I was not around during this awful time and for his funeral.
I briefly met Carolyn at the Airport Hotel a few years later but as I was with someone at the time it was hard to talk to her about it. I would very much like to meet up with Carolyn before any more years go by. I visited your grandad and Grandmother and they kindly let me have a black and white photograph of Geoff which stands on the side within my room. We had some really great times together and I just feel there is a connection between Geoff, Carolyn and myself. I know her best mate was called Denise Cunningham ? who lived at the end of the row. Please get in touch Carolyn or if anyone knows her let her know I am looking for her. I don't mind you having my mobile 07513795683 Text or call. Always mates. Barry from Kingsdown Road Wythenshawe.

Wythyboy

Re: TRYING TO FIND CAROLYN BARTON ' CADGE' FROM WYTHENSHAWE.
« Reply #1 on: 23:39:27, 13/05/19 »
Note should read 5-6 days on a ventilator not years. Apologies. Barry Plant

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 07:23:28, 14/05/19 »
Barry if you are on Facebook there is a excellent site on there called looking for lost friends and  family in Manchester , if you Havenít tried it itís worth a go , good luck

Wythyboy

« Reply #3 on: 00:13:45, 12/06/19 »
Thanks will give it a try but not hopeful as now might go by married name and everyone changes so much that itís near impossible to identify the right one. Thanks anyway.