Author Topic: My mum is moving to Manchester, I need help  (Read 713 times)

nickmenick

My mum is moving to Manchester, I need help
« on: 21:38:53, 16/07/19 »
I have posted this in another part of the forum, apologies if this is in the wrong area.

I don't know where else to post this, my mum (58) needs to move to England. She would like to move to Manchester but we don't know anything about it. Where can we find information about the different places to live, prices etc? I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but I don't know where else to ask and I just want to help her. Many thanks. [/font][/size]

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: My mum is moving to Manchester, I need help
« Reply #1 on: 22:55:19, 16/07/19 »
Aside from using google and google images and typing in Manchester can anyone help with more information on the suburbs and best places to live?
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 06:24:09, 17/07/19 »
South side of Manchester for me ,timperly, davyhulme, urmston ,I don’t live there but know people who do

cheethamgirl

« Reply #3 on: 08:00:30, 22/07/19 »
It would depend on your Mum's budget but I have lived in north Manchester and also south of the city. I enjoyed living in Timperley within walking distance of Altrincham. The latter town was expensive(Timperley properties were cheaper back then and it had the feel of a village) but Altrincham had good shops and nowadays has a great market with fab eateries. It also has good rail/tram links to Manchester. Lots of attractions nearby, including Quarry Bank at Styal, Dunham Massey at Bowdon and several other National Trust places. Easy access south to Cheshire countryside. An old school chum of mine moved, on retirement, into one of the modern apartments in the fashionable Northern Quarter of the city and she likes the proximity to big stores, restaurants, theatres and all sorts of events. If your Mum doesn't drive, that might be a good option. I read an article a little while ago which suggested that retirees would do better to move into a city instead of taking the traditional option of moving to a quiet spot in the country.
Author:  'Odd Man Out - A Motiveless Murder?' & 'The Cheetham Hill Murder'