Author Topic: New season  (Read 2084 times)

migky

New season
« on: 16:25:00, 16/08/19 »
Are you all up for this new season?
Is City going to clean again this season or will Liverpool take the honours?

Migky ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

ExileSteve

Re: New season
« Reply #1 on: 09:46:06, 17/08/19 »
It would be lovely to win the Champions & Also-Rans League but, let’s face it, it’s little more than a glorified cup competition, isn’t it? The Premier League sorts out the men from the boys, and that’s got to be our number one priority. The Dippers are acutely aware of this basic fact of life, which is why they make such a lot of bloody noise trying to convince us all that their achievement last season is somehow on a par with ours. It isn’t, and they know it.

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 10:10:22, 17/08/19 »
We start our season today at picturesque Grantham  ;D , unfortunately I cannot make it but will be kept in touch thanks to friends , we have been brilliant in pre season friendlies with a completely new team but this is where the hard work begins we’ve had many false dawns in the past ,it’s going to be one hell of a ride

migky

« Reply #3 on: 15:53:24, 17/08/19 »
Mane` just scored a brilliant goal  :o

City play at 17.30 and should be a good but hard game.

Migky  ;)
I'm a bit like Marmite

ExileSteve

« Reply #4 on: 21:02:23, 17/08/19 »
It hadn’t been the most encouraging of starts for Penzance, it would be fair to admit. A 2-2 draw on the opening day has been followed by a 0-6 at home and a 1-7 away. So far I haven’t had the opportunity to be at a game in person, but I’ll be back in Cornwall next week and I won’t have returned to work yet. Wherever we’re playing, I’ll be there! Wish me luck while I look up where I’m going in order to suffer. :-\

ExileSteve

« Reply #5 on: 21:06:52, 17/08/19 »
We’re away to Godolphin Atlantic, who are located on the outskirts of Newquay. I’m sure it will be fine, absolutely fine. No worries at all...... ::)

Parky

« Reply #6 on: 22:57:35, 17/08/19 »
Lost 3-2 I in the last minute just knew it was a false dawn >:(

ExileSteve

« Reply #7 on: 09:48:53, 18/08/19 »
Those of us who have followed the beautiful game for any length of time are well acquainted with them, aren’t we? There’s an awful lot of them about. :-\

lozflan

« Reply #8 on: 18:46:21, 18/08/19 »
City goal disallowed goal,none of the players or the goalkeeper or the ref thought it wasn't a goal,only the bods in the VAR room.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Parky

« Reply #9 on: 21:05:42, 18/08/19 »
City goal disallowed goal,none of the players or the goalkeeper or the ref thought it wasn't a goal,only the bods in the VAR room.
They were just following a stupid rule change , but missed a blatant penalty for city , everyone I speak to says var is ruining the game ,

lozflan

« Reply #10 on: 08:13:15, 19/08/19 »
To confuse things even more,Var has no role in foul play and the ref.didn't spot any foul.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason