Author Topic: Peterloo  (Read 815 times)

ronyrash

Peterloo
« on: 19:14:57, 19/08/19 »
Hi
 iv searched high and low for the names of the people massacred at Peterloo .I know they were read out at the remembrance ceremony.But finding the actual list on -line is not so easy. tia Ronyrash
« Last Edit: 19:21:09, 19/08/19 by ronyrash »
Out or Nowt? Ready for Out.

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Peterloo
« Reply #1 on: 21:24:02, 19/08/19 »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterloo_Massacre#Commemorations

List of victims and how they died.
http://www.peterloomassacre.org/names.html

Book by....

Bush, Michael (2005), The Casualties of Peterloo, Carnegie Publishing, ISBN 978-1-85936-125-2
  • [/color][/font][/size]
  • « Last Edit: 22:04:54, 19/08/19 by celeste »
    All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ronyrash

« Reply #2 on: 16:44:16, 24/08/19 »

There were 18 demonstrators killed at the" Peterloo Massacre" and many  many hundreds injured.Peterloo was possibly the last time time  Yeomanry were deployed for crowd control. These were not illiterate peasants they were the "Worlds first "Educated Workers" and undoubtedly they would have sought redress in the courts.There are many Scotts names"Clearance Disposesed" with a big ax to grind .And there is an Howard My "Mother mi Mams" maiden name. In my first infants school Queen Street Bradford M/c  there was a Jacky Hunt  [Orator Hunt],and one day  a boy the same age as my self [about 5] told me his name was Tommy Nixon, and that he was my cousin.When i got home i told "My Mother mi Mam" about Tommy Nixon and she affirmed he was indeed my  my cousin.I dont think i ever saw him again maybe they emigrated.  In my junior school Cambrian county Primary i was Bishop to Rose Queen Ann Wilson.Norma Larkin sang "Brahms Lullaby" Beautifully. At  the junior school where i learnt to read and write. there was singing and dancing and it was far more beneficial to me than Birley  Secondary modern School where i was no longer  Tony but  Gunn [my second name.)A little song for "Handy Edi my Mother mi Mam "-
                      My Mother Mi Mam, mill Manchester Mam.
     key board- G     A  C    A     C      E     F    E  D      C
                      Out of the Slum, my Mother mi Mam
                       F    E  F       G     G    A   G   E    D
                       Cats and dogs, pigeons and sparrows
                         E      D     C       A  A      G   F    F
                        Dust bins and grids they were ours
                          C      B     A     G     E      D      C

Out or Nowt? Ready for Out.

lozflan

« Reply #3 on: 08:34:14, 26/08/19 »
    Thanks for the link Ce,a very interesting read,suprising how the action spread throughout the city,ie,shot on Ancoats St, and by the Infermary,which was where Queen Vics statue stands in Piccadilly.    Some of the crowd seems intimidating,marching and drilling.
    Many injured by,knocked into a celler,which must have been open drops with steps ,where the masses of poor lived. Witnesses see peacefull assembly also,but sellers of illegal documents were arrested.           brings the noise and screaming to life.
    Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason