Author Topic: HMP Forest Bank prison, Salford - inmates feel unsafe  (Read 926 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-49565757

[size=1rem]Hundreds of violent "prisoner-on-prisoner" attacks at a Salford jail have left a third of inmates feeling unsafe, a report has found.
In May, inspectors found 400 acts of violence had been reported at HMP Forest Bank in the previous six months.
They also found 60% of inmates were sharing single-occupancy cells and many officers were "very inexperienced".
Facilities firm Sodexo, which runs the jail, said it would "continue to work tirelessly to improve safety".
« Last Edit: 10:13:53, 04/09/19 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

Re: HMP Forest Bank prison, Salford - inmates feel unsafe
« Reply #1 on: 15:16:51, 04/09/19 »
How terrible  ::)

St Chads Lad

« Reply #2 on: 17:27:08, 04/09/19 »
That's awful, just awful.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 19:42:48, 04/09/19 »
If it's the drugs which are causing the violence then they must find a more stringent way to eliminate them - sniffer dogs?

If the fighting is caused by boredom then they must find a way to motivate them, maybe using sports - I wonder if the prison governor is very experienced - it's his responsibility to keep the prisoners safe - if it's a funding problem would the csco/s be any use?

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 19:46:38, 04/09/19 »
Sorry if my posting is a bit naive, we could do with someone with more knowledge on the situation to post :-\

St Chads Lad

« Reply #5 on: 20:06:48, 04/09/19 »
Looking at Mr Lachey, he isn't trying to tell us that he didn't administer the odd slap here and there whilst serving at HM's pleasure, it's the nature of the world these people inhabit, it's always gone on in the nick, it really makes me smile when people like him comment on modern prison life, he knows the score and no amount of handwringing by him will convince me otherwise.