Author Topic: University of Manchester creates global psoriasis database  (Read 835 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-manchester-50311015/university-of-manchester-creates-global-psoriasis-database

The University of Manchester has created a psoriasis database to help sufferers worldwide.
The research will allow sufferers to "access the best care locally", professor Chris Griffiths said.
A total of 1.1m people in the UK are affected by the chronic skin condition, according to the university.

Rebecca Darwen-Black, who was diagnosed aged 11, said: "It makes you turn away from people - you push people away".

All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
I get a bit on my elbows, since I gave up smoking and started eating biscuits, psoriasis can be linked to arthritis.

If I wear anything sleeveless a plaster covers it.

It isn't contagious.

St Chads Lad

I believe bathing in Dead Sea salt helps with this condition, a lot of times doctors will prescribe steroid creams, yes it can lead to arthritis, asthma is also linked to it.

celeste

• Global Moderator
Thanks for that, Waitrose and Boots sell it O0

St Chads Lad

I've a lot of experience with this this unfortunate condition,  my lovely wife suffered quite badly with it for years.

celeste

• Global Moderator
I wonder why such conditions suddenly occur, a lady on another forum awoke to find something had affected her knees or legs and she had to hobble to the bathroom - another said she suddenly developed sciatica!

St Chads Lad

Psoriasis develops between skin layers and can flare up in times of stress and anxiety, it's usually hereditary, my son and daughter suffer from it too, as does my Mother in law, my wife now indeed suffers with arthritis.
« Last Edit: 12:19:53, 06/11/19 by St Chads Lad »

celeste

• Global Moderator
Can't say psoriasis gets in the way of anything, meaning I've always worn long sleeves and it's not itchy, it does seem to lessen and then reappear, my parents didn't suffer from it.