Author Topic: Dominic Cummings row: Mum's 'sacrifice' to keep son safe from virus  (Read 120 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52820168

A mother who sacrificed seeing her own disabled son during lockdown says she is "fuming" over Dominic Cummings' controversial trip to Durham.
NHS worker Caroline Maddocks, from Stockport, chose to keep 14-year-old Ben in respite care because of the risk to his health from Covid-19.
Ben has cerebral palsy and autism. "I would give anything just to hug him," his mum said.
She said it was "one rule for the government and one for everybody else".
« Last Edit: 07:38:46, 28/05/20 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
A completely different set of circumstances,  Dominic Cummings was thinking of his son too and doing what he thought best for him. 

He and his wife were showing mild symtoms and so decided to make the long journey to Durham.  They were all safe-isolating in the car,
until they arrived in Durham, where they stayed in an empty house.  Never in close contact with others -  if they had gone ten miles in the car the safety aspect would have been the same.

Dominic Cummings has done no harm to anyone and considered only the safety of his family imo
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

I agree, it's being whipped up by the remainer media and opposition, as the Prime Minister said "move on", I'm frankly fed up with members of the NHS being outraged over things, as I stated earlier two of their number drove two hours to pick up motor home and got ripped off for 14,000, it was a scam, so what happens? They set up a crowd funding page for them, nothing else said and no outrage, two Labour MP's and one Labour member of the Welsh assembly broke the lockdown, nothing hardly said, the remoaning Tory MP that quit the other day over Cummings drove to Scotland and back 600 miles because his internet at his home in Moray was only 'average', not mentioned, and that squashed Tellytubby Ian  Blackford SNP mardy went back to Skye despite having all expenses paid house in London and last but by no means least Bliars attack dog, the war criminal Alastair Campbell, taking a selfie with a Scouser yesterday, no social distancing, and again hardly a ripple.
  So as far as Mr Cummings goes, as the PM said "move on".