Author Topic: Liverpool win the premier leaague  (Read 3008 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Liverpool win the premier leaague
« on: 10:37:53, 26/06/20 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53183857

The Premier League's return this month enabled them to cap their stunning success.
However, because of the measures put in place in response to the virus, Liverpool will not be able to celebrate their long-awaited success with their supporters immediately, at least not in the traditional sense.

As with Wednesday's impressive 4-0 win over Crystal Palace, when they next play at Anfield - against Aston Villa on Sunday 5 July, and for their two other remaining home games - it will be behind closed doors.

It also seems unlikely they will be able to take part in any of the usual public events in Liverpool, such as an open-top bus parade around the city.
By a quirk of fate, though, the next time they take to the field will be at the side they have beaten to this season's title and who pipped them so narrowly last campaign, Manchester City.
Following their defeat at Chelsea, City boss Pep Guardiola congratulated Liverpool on their title success.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Liverpool win the premier leaague
« Reply #1 on: 10:41:30, 26/06/20 »
They won and deservedly so - wait for the Kop to be renamed the Klopp
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 11:35:58, 26/06/20 »
I’d sooner smear syrup over my head and stick it in a wasps nest than congratulate them

St Chads Lad

« Reply #3 on: 12:12:39, 26/06/20 »
I’d sooner smear syrup over my head and stick it in a wasps nest than congratulate them
   ;D ;D  I was waiting for that, over to you Steve, I'm sure you'll want to add to Parky's comment.

Parky

« Reply #4 on: 14:24:10, 26/06/20 »
   I was waiting for that, over to you Steve, I'm sure you'll want to add to Parky's comment.
;D

lozflan

« Reply #5 on: 06:56:10, 27/06/20 »
Could the City 20 min.refresher drinks have been spiked with stupid pills?.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

ExileSteve

« Reply #6 on: 22:50:20, 27/06/20 »
;D

If I'm being completely hoenest, I couldn't give a flying [censored] about who wins the Premier League. All over the country, in the PL and below, players and officials have been kneeling in abject submission to a phoney manufactured collection of Marxist anarchists. It causes me to feel sick in the stomach, to.the point where I am more than ready to abandon my beloved Manchester City and football in gemeral.

Parky

« Reply #7 on: 06:54:40, 28/06/20 »
Got to agree Steve ,A lot of people I know are thinking the same ,although I watch non league football now I’m still a Utd fan but watching that virtue signalling yesterday at Norwich made me feel like switching the television off ,

St Chads Lad

« Reply #8 on: 14:31:57, 28/06/20 »
I wonder if the replica football shirts and other merchandise peddled by the Premier League teams will bear the BLM message under obligation or will it, along with the NHS symbol be optional, if it's the latter will wearers be branded racist for refusing to bear the Marxist BLM emblem?

ExileSteve

« Reply #9 on: 11:25:24, 02/07/20 »
As I am sure we are all aware from what we have seen and read, part of the gruesome reality of living in a dictatorship lies in the inability to avoid the propaganda of the State, regardless of where you go or what you find yourself doing. The political messages are thrust into your face during every waking moment. This is the point we have now reached in our own country's descent into tyranny. It is no longer possible to watch a sports fixture, whether it be football, rugby, cricket or anything else, without being subjected to Marxism shouting straight into our faces. Everything in the broadcast media, from 'news' through drama, comedy and all the rest, is soaked in Wokeness and it's various fetishes. The same applies to every printed publication, even including those dealing with seemingly innocuous subjects; we can't read a magazine about gardening without being treated to a polemic about "systemic racism" or some other imaginary concept. I honestly never imagining that these horrors could be inflicted upon our nation.

In the meantime, though, it's goodbye to Manchester City and to professional football in general. The spell as been well and truly broken. I'll carry on following non-league and I will thoroughly enjoy it, so long as they don't get mixed up in any political nonsense, of course.

Parky

« Reply #10 on: 13:13:26, 02/07/20 »
I would be very interested to find out how many footballers do not want to go down on one knee before a game ,I would guess a lot , it’s took le tissier and a few other ex players to say enough is enough Marxists are using the blm group as “ useful idiots “.