Author Topic: Looking For A Lost Friend Named Joseph  (Read 907 times)

laurel_the_potato

Looking For A Lost Friend Named Joseph
« on: 13:05:14, 29/06/20 »
Hello everyone!

First off, I aplogize if this is against any forum rules. If it is, feel free to notify me and I will take down the post as soon as possible (I'm not able to check my phone during my work hours, but I will get back to you as soon as possible afterwords).

So, I'm looking for a friend of mine who I lost contact with. He was very suicidal and deleted his posts and left all of his social media accounts a little over half a year ago. As of the last time I spoke to him, he had recently tried to jump off a bridge near his home and had also stopped taking his meds. I know he lived in Manchester and he may still be living there. To be perfectly clear, I am NOT asking for any contact information, postal addresses, phone numbers, etc. I am only wondering if anyone here knows him or has hear any news regarding him. I've looked at online obituaries in fear of a succesful suicide attempt, but so far I've found nothing. He has never taken this long to come back online(he has done the deleting and abandoning accounts thing before, but never for such a long span of time) and part of me fears the worst. Please, if anyone knows anything, just let me know. I don't need details if you aren't comfortable providing them, I just want to know if my friend is dead or alive. He's faked his death before in an attempt to get me to "move on" because relatedly stated that he felt like he was a burden to me, because I often talked him out of suicide attempts and in his words, our friendship was just "you saving me all the time" and not any substantial, but I disagree. I considered him to be like a brother to me, and I still do. His name is Joseph, and although I know his last name I will not share it here for privacy reasons. I've done general searches and I cannot find his name in the papers, and I'm just hoping someone here knows him and can give me a yes or no in regards to his wellbeing. I know I was one of his only friends, if not his only friend, and it worries me that he hasn't been in contact with me for so long because he never seemed to have much in the way of support in his personal life.  Also for clarification, we spoke online, mainly on Instagram. My instagram handle is the same as is here and if anyone would need a screenshot or screen record video to back up this claim so it does not seem like I am some kind of crazy catfish scheme (because I can definitely see how it seems that way) then I will be happy to offer proof, as well as screenshots of my oldest instagram posts as proof that my account was not newly created to offer evidence to any scam. I'm an American as well, which is why I'm here online as opposed to going to Manchester myself, which would be impossible anyways due to the current pandemic. If anyone has any news, please help. If you don't feel comfortable sharing details then a simple "yes he is okay and alive" [size=78%]or "no, he's not"  would mean the world. Thank you all so much in advance. Also if anyone would need any more information about my friend, to confirm we are thinking of the same person, I'm not sure if we can private message on this forum but I would be happy to find a way to privately speak about the matter if we are unable to here. Thank you so much![/size]

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Looking For A Lost Friend Named Joseph
« Reply #1 on: 13:59:10, 29/06/20 »
We only have one member named Joseph who was asking for details of tourist attractions  .

You could find out somewhere of any suicides which have been reported,  can anybody help with more information?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Manx

« Reply #2 on: 14:36:49, 29/06/20 »
Perhaps the 'Samaritans' might be of help?  . . it's what they do.
Manchester Samaritans ->
https://www.samaritans.org/branches/manchester/manchester-samaritans-branch-news/
or Samaritans uk ->
https://www.samaritans.org/
best regards

laurel_the_potato

« Reply #3 on: 14:45:21, 29/06/20 »
Thank  you so much Manx and celeste. I will look into the Samaritans. I appreciate this so much! I'll let you all know if I find anything. And once again, thank you  :)

laurel_the_potato

« Reply #4 on: 14:56:45, 29/06/20 »
I've just emailed the Samaritans for Manchester, so we'll see how that goes. Fingers crossed for the best :D . I really appreciate the help!

laurel_the_potato

« Reply #5 on: 22:27:36, 29/06/20 »
So the Samaritans weren't of much help,  since they're confidential witu information and said they probably wouldn't have any information. They were very friendly though, and I appreciated their quick reply. I still have hope that something else will turn up. I've emailed a few churches in the area incase a funeral went unreported online, or incase he's begun attending church again