Author Topic: What happns if we're on the watch list?  (Read 539 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
What happns if we're on the watch list?
« on: 12:46:05, 02/08/20 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-53582393

More than six million people in England live in areas on a Covid-19 watchlist, which could end in a tightened lockdown like in Leicester and parts of the north if coronavirus is not brought back under control. What happens if your town goes on the list?
Every week, Public Health England (PHE) publishes a list of areas it is concerned about based on new coronavirus infection rates and other local intelligence.

These places are categorised as either "areas of concern", "areas of enhanced support" or "areas of intervention".
Measures range from increased testing to stricter lockdowns.

Continued.....
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

Re: What happns if we're on the watch list?
« Reply #1 on: 15:33:06, 02/08/20 »
I find it disturbing that any law abiding citizen should be on a 'watchlist' , but isn't it funny how easily that the term is being used in 'the new normal' world, Johnson and his Liebour lite [censored] can sod off, I haven't worn a mask and I'm not going to, but if this watchlist is as effective as that other one, you know the one that's supposed to protect us from religious nutters, I think I'm safe from the law.  ::)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 20:46:16, 02/08/20 »
I took it to mean the areas which are on the watchlist of which Manchester is one
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

« Reply #3 on: 21:24:28, 02/08/20 »
You're right Celeste, I just don't appreciate the government putting us on a watchlist that's all.  :)
There's gonna be no end to this if we're not careful.