Author Topic: Andy Burnham: Supermarkets should do more on masks  (Read 582 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53770534

The mayor of Greater Manchester has called on supermarkets to hire more security staff to enforce mask wearing as the region continues to face tougher coronavirus restrictions.

Andy Burnham said he believed it was a "proportionate request" to ensure more people followed the rules.
He said it was "unfair" for all the legal enforcement responsibility to fall on the police.

The BBC has asked three major supermarket chains to comment.
A spokesman for Tesco said it would continue to follow government guidelines, which urge supermarkets to encourage mask wearing as much as possible.

Oldham has the highest infection rate in the country,  and he has called on the government not to ease restrictions.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

Re: Andy Burnham: Supermarkets should do more on masks
« Reply #1 on: 20:20:48, 14/08/20 »
Went to morrisons today, copper parked near the entrance for some reason, I thought 'here we go, he's gonna get a grip of me for not having a face nappy' but no, I walked straight in past him and the security guard no probs.  :)

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 20:48:17, 14/08/20 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53770534

The mayor of Greater Manchester has called on supermarkets to hire more security staff to enforce mask wearing as the region continues to face tougher coronavirus restrictions.

Andy Burnham said he believed it was a "proportionate request" to ensure more people followed the rules.
He said it was "unfair" for all the legal enforcement responsibility to fall on the police.

The BBC has asked three major supermarket chains to comment.
A spokesman for Tesco said it would continue to follow government guidelines, which urge supermarkets to encourage mask wearing as much as possible.

Oldham has the highest infection rate in the country,  and he has called on the government not to ease restrictions.
There is a reason why Oldham has a rise in coronavirus , so I hope Burnham doesn’t rope us all in to a new lockdown thinking it might be construed as racist to only lock Oldham down,

St Chads Lad

« Reply #3 on: 21:07:17, 14/08/20 »
There is a reason why Oldham has a rise in coronavirus , so I hope Burnham doesn’t rope us all in to a new lockdown thinking it might be construed as racist to only lock Oldham down,
He absolutely will mate.