Author Topic: cycling  (Read 1853 times)

ronyrash

cycling
« on: 14:17:57, 01/09/20 »
At last im on my way to Manchester cycling/ busing from Edinburgh.After a few attemps which i had to abandon due to he weather and very hilly terrain.oots
Out or Nowt? Ready for Out.

ronyrash

Re: cycling
« Reply #1 on: 11:52:22, 02/09/20 »
im still in Carlisle.in the library[open alternate days mornings and afternoons.Edinburghs libraries are not open at all.]I will not cycle south thru the lake district, very pretty and also very hard cycling.It seems to be flatter along the coast,so il be heading off for Workington.Taken at a liesurly pace everything developes a facination.Dont know when ill get to Manchester.When i get their i intend
to post a "Tryst"  meeting place and time oot

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 12:11:17, 02/09/20 »
Don't overdo it
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ronyrash

« Reply #3 on: 12:53:20, 04/09/20 »
It was wishfull thinking. i could avoid the hills by getting to the coast road to avoid the lake district.The A 595 out of Carlise was horrendus with heavy traffic.I got off it and took the A 6 to Penrif,where i am now.Weather i mke it to Manchester remains to be seen.
the British roads are an absolute disgrace

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 13:01:45, 04/09/20 »
Don't know about the roads, you should see some of the pavements!

Hope we don't have to send a search party out for you - why avoid the Lake District?
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ronyrash

« Reply #5 on: 15:37:03, 08/09/20 »
The lakes are magnificent but very,very hilly.anyway im back in Edinburgh.ill try again next year.ttfn R R

St Chads Lad

« Reply #6 on: 16:04:17, 03/10/20 »
Campaigners are trying to ban the use of the term ‘Lycra louts’ to describe speeding cyclists – and even stop the likes of Jeremy Clarkson poking fun at them.
Under proposed media guidelines, abuse of cyclists would be treated as a ‘hate crime’ and they would get the same protection as domestic violence victims and refugees.
Newspapers would also be gagged from stating if an injured cyclist was not wearing a helmet or high-vis clothing.
Instead, they would be urged to shame ‘criminal’ motorists for accidents involving bicycles.

A hate crime? Are these idiots serious?  ;D ;D ;D

ronyrash

« Reply #7 on: 15:55:47, 05/10/20 »

[size=0px]Campaigners are trying to ban the use of the term ‘Lycra louts’ to describe speeding cyclists – and even stop the likes of Jeremy Clarkson poking fun at them.[/size][size=0px][size=0px]Under proposed media guidelines, abuse of cyclists would be treated as a ‘hate crime’ and they would get the same protection as domestic violence victims and refugees.[/size][size=0px][size=0px]Newspapers would also be gagged from stating if an injured cyclist was not wearing a helmet or high-vis clothing.[/size][size=0px][size=0px]Instead, they would be urged to shame ‘criminal’ motorists for accidents involving bicycles.[/size][size=0px]
  Regrettably   inexperienced people forming groups will always be taken over by criminal elements, cycling groups are particularly vulnerable to to this kind of pressure,inducing them to press for laws that will tie cycling down. And do a great deal of harm.Cycle safety is well covered by the Highway Code oot
 [size=0px][size=0px][size=0px] [/size]
[size=0px]       [/size]

ronyrash

« Reply #8 on: 16:02:14, 05/10/20 »
[size=0px]Campaigners are trying to ban the use of the term ‘Lycra louts’ to describe speeding cyclists – and even stop the likes of Jeremy Clarkson poking fun at them.[size=0px][size=0px]Under proposed media guidelines, abuse of cyclists would be treated as a ‘hate crime’ and they would get the same protection as domestic violence victims and refugees.[size=0px][size=0px]Newspapers would also be gagged from stating if an injured cyclist was not wearing a helmet or high-vis clothing.[size=0px][size=0px]Instead, they would be urged to shame ‘criminal’ motorists for accidents involving bicycles.[/size][size=0px][/size]  Regrettably   inexperienced people forming groups will always be taken over by criminal elements, cycling groups are particularly vulnerable to to this kind of pressure,inducing them to press for laws that will tie cycling down. And do a great deal of harm.Cycle safety is well covered by the Highway Code oot [size=0px][size=0px][size=0px] [size=0px]       

Parky

« Reply #9 on: 16:10:31, 05/10/20 »
[size=0px]Campaigners are trying to ban the use of the term ‘Lycra louts’ to describe speeding cyclists – and even stop the likes of Jeremy Clarkson poking fun at them.[size=0px][size=0px]Under proposed media guidelines, abuse of cyclists would be treated as a ‘hate crime’ and they would get the same protection as domestic violence victims and refugees.[size=0px][size=0px]Newspapers would also be gagged from stating if an injured cyclist was not wearing a helmet or high-vis clothing.[size=0px][size=0px]Instead, they would be urged to shame ‘criminal’ motorists for accidents involving bicycles.[/size][size=0px][/size]  Regrettably   inexperienced people forming groups will always be taken over by criminal elements, cycling groups are particularly vulnerable to to this kind of pressure,inducing them to press for laws that will tie cycling down. And do a great deal of harm.Cycle safety is well covered by the Highway Code oot [size=0px][size=0px][size=0px] [size=0px]       

Another blow against free speech

St Chads Lad

« Reply #10 on: 16:48:53, 05/10/20 »
Does that mean we can no longer shout ''Get off and milk it?''  :D

Parky

« Reply #11 on: 16:56:31, 05/10/20 »
Does that mean we can no longer shout ''Get off and milk it?''  :D
😂or you could commit two hate crimes at once “ hey fatty your back wheels following your front wheel “.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #12 on: 14:11:23, 29/07/23 »
Andy Burnham's cycle hire scheme scaled back as 800 Bee Bikes damaged or missing
Around 800 of the 1,000 bikes which had been on the network are currently damaged or missing

Did not see that coming, I'm totally shocked, shocked I tell ya.  ::)

Parky

« Reply #13 on: 14:22:03, 29/07/23 »
Andy Burnham's cycle hire scheme scaled back as 800 Bee Bikes damaged or missing
Around 800 of the 1,000 bikes which had been on the network are currently damaged or missing

Did not see that coming, I'm totally shocked, shocked I tell ya.  ::)
Who’d have thought it  ::)