Author Topic: Manchester arena inquiry  (Read 1856 times)

Parky

Manchester arena inquiry
« on: 15:08:28, 22/09/20 »
I wonder if some the statements by the families of the victims are suppressed?, because I know what I’d be saying and asking if it was me ( and thank god it isn’t),

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Manchester arena inquiry
« Reply #1 on: 11:09:24, 29/09/20 »
If they are then someone should write a book, if they already haven't (?), containing all statements which had not been noted.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 13:31:56, 02/10/20 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54327290

The brothers who carried out the Manchester Arena attack "did not act alone" and others who knew about it are still "at large", an inquiry has heard.

Twenty-two people were killed and hundreds more injured when Salman Abedi detonated a bomb in May 2017.
His brother Hashem was jailed for 55 years in August for helping plan the atrocity.
A barrister representing British Transport Police at the public inquiry said it was "obvious" they had help.

Parky

« Reply #3 on: 12:39:04, 20/10/20 »
How was the bomber allowed to take such a large backpack into the arena?

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 13:17:42, 20/10/20 »
Security staff were informed by members of the public about the rucksack Abedi was carrying but nothing was forthcoming.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #5 on: 17:40:47, 20/10/20 »
The awful truth is that the terrible act of mass murder could have been avoided had it not been for the failure of MI5 down through to the inadequate security at the Arena that night, the question now is, could this be avoided in future? Well unless the people responsible for keeping the public safe don't start to challenge suspicious persons for fear of being accused of profiling (racism in other words) then there is a definite possibility imo.
.  God bless the souls of the deceased, and the injured.

Parky

« Reply #6 on: 22:46:28, 20/10/20 »
I know for a fact if I as a lone Male with a large backpack on had tried to enter any arena whether it be a concert or sport I would have been stopped and searched

lozflan

« Reply #7 on: 08:02:14, 21/10/20 »
interestingly,the Media snips out bits of interviews with witness,like security saying,yes we know about him.
Maybe we will never know the whole story.
Just as the person in charge of Grenfil refurb,destoyed all records.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Parky

« Reply #8 on: 17:16:57, 26/10/20 »
A steward at the arena inquest stated when a member of the public Approached him with suspicions about the bomber he told him that he didn’t look suspicious , mmm a single man with a large backpack on , he went on to say his training had been incomplete .anyone who has visited any arena knows they usually search the smallest bag .
« Last Edit: 17:24:01, 26/10/20 by Parky »

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 13:38:32, 27/10/20 »
Not enough experienced security staff there,  hope things have improved

St Chads Lad

« Reply #10 on: 18:23:51, 27/10/20 »
An 'naive' eighteen year old lad on £4.24 an hour doesn't get you much security, he said:

"I did not want people to think I am stereotyping him because of his race. I was scared of being wrong and being branded a racist if I got it wrong and would have got into trouble."

. But why didn't his colleague Mohammed alert the control room instead of handing the responsibility to the Young lad?
« Last Edit: 18:31:25, 27/10/20 by St Chads Lad »

Parky

« Reply #11 on: 18:27:32, 27/10/20 »
Unbelievable ,

St Chads Lad

« Reply #12 on: 21:07:54, 02/11/20 »
I know for a fact if I as a lone Male with a large backpack on had tried to enter any arena whether it be a concert or sport I would have been stopped and searched
A manager at the venue said he knew that the event was a prime target, but reckons he blended in too well with that bloody huge rucksack on his back.  ???