Author Topic: GMP failed to record 80,000 crimes in a year  (Read 5153 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
GMP failed to record 80,000 crimes in a year
« on: 09:52:24, 10/12/20 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-55251366

England's second-largest police force failed to record more than 80,000 crimes in a year and closed cases without proper investigation, a watchdog has found.

Inspectors said Greater Manchester Police's (GMP) service to victims of crime was a "serious cause of concern".
HM Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC) said about 220 crimes a day went unrecorded in the year up to June 2020.
The force said it had "robust plans" to address issues.
In the 12-month period reviewed by inspectors, it was estimated the force had recorded 77.7% of reported crimes, a drop of 11.3% from 2018.

HMIC's report said about one in five of all crimes and one in four violent crimes reported to GMP were not recorded.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: GMP failed to record 80,000 crimes in a year
« Reply #1 on: 09:56:42, 10/12/20 »
'Victims let down'

The review also found officers prematurely closed some investigations on the basis that the victim did not support police action.
Police wrongly cancelled serious crime records

Inspector Zoe Billingham said she was "deeply troubled" by the frequency of closed cases without a full investigation.
"In too many of these cases, the force did not properly record evidence that the victim supported this decision," she said.
This was particularly evident in cases of domestic abuse, where seven in 10 were closed on this basis, Ms Billingham said.
She said it was "simply not good enough" that, despite being urged by the watchdog to improve in 2016, "concerns have not been addressed for over four years".

Ms Billingham did, however, acknowledge the force was taking action and had made a "marked improvement" in its recording of serious sexual offences and rapes.
A further inspection will take place in six months.

Parky

« Reply #2 on: 10:40:21, 10/12/20 »
It really doesn’t come as a surprise does  it ?

St Chads Lad

« Reply #3 on: 11:09:50, 10/12/20 »
I'll bet all the 'hate crime' was investigated though.  ::)

St Chads Lad

« Reply #4 on: 09:27:56, 11/12/20 »
Oh dear, according to the M.E.N. Andy 'n' Bev aren't impressed with Ian Hopkins over the statistics, it reports that he's effectively 'on notice', where is their accountability in this?  Aren't they also responsible? sack him by all means, he's as useless as Fahey was, and bring in the next soyboy politically correct chief constable, no doubt be as useless as the two I've mentioned.
 I trust diversity will be a consideration in the next appointment.  ::)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 11:08:44, 11/12/20 »
Not reporting 80,000 crimes is failing in their duty, that in itself seems like a crime imo, someone should have to take action to oversee this in future.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #7 on: 14:48:36, 16/12/20 »
Ian Hopkins the useless soyboy chief plod has put in a sick note, in a statement he said "I would not normally wish to discuss my personal health in public. "However, I am happy to share the following personal information.
"I have been suffering with labyrinthitis since the end of October. I continued to work throughout with the support of the rest of my Chief Officers team until Sunday December 13, despite feeling very ill." I'm sure it's got nowt to do with the report recently released about the utter shambles that is GMP, I wonder if Andy 'n' Bev are feeling a bit under the weather too, they've been very quiet since.  ;D ;D 

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 14:59:41, 16/12/20 »
Last time Andy commented on Tier 3 he was expecting to be in Tier 2 this week,  Sir Keir Starmer was being more cautious!

Parky

« Reply #9 on: 15:19:42, 16/12/20 »
Ian Hopkins the useless soyboy chief plod has put in a sick note, in a statement he said "I would not normally wish to discuss my personal health in public. "However, I am happy to share the following personal information.
"I have been suffering with labyrinthitis since the end of October. I continued to work throughout with the support of the rest of my Chief Officers team until Sunday December 13, despite feeling very ill." I'm sure it's got nowt to do with the report recently released about the utter shambles that is GMP, I wonder if Andy 'n' Bev are feeling a bit under the weather too, they've been very quiet since.  ;D ;D
Im not sure if the diagnosis is correct I’ve heard he’s got arthritis in his knee from too much kneeling

Parky

« Reply #10 on: 20:31:20, 16/12/20 »
A man was arrested at Manchester airport as he was about to board a flight to Dubai with drugs concealed on him , police said he was acting suspicious when they saw him trying to dodge the body scanner , now if they had used their brains they would have allowed him to board the aircraft and then tip off the authorities in Dubai and let their police and judicial deal with him , it certainly wouldn’t be the cushy jails we have in the U.K., and saved taxpayers money.

St Chads Lad

Parky

« Reply #12 on: 19:02:52, 17/12/20 »
Where do they get these chiefs of police from ,hoppy , Todd and fahey  :crazy2:

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: 19:22:46, 17/12/20 »
I wager most crimes which weren't recorded were on his watch,  and who is his deputy,  someone must have been put in charge?

St Chads Lad

« Reply #14 on: 19:51:26, 17/12/20 »
And no doubt the PC box tickers are sifting through potential replacements for that blurt, place your bets.  ::)