Author Topic: GMP failed to record 80,000 crimes in a year  (Read 5159 times)

St Chads Lad

Re: GMP failed to record 80,000 crimes in a year
« Reply #30 on: 21:38:19, 11/01/21 »
*Shrugs*  :-\ ::)

St Chads Lad

« Reply #31 on: 20:30:46, 29/01/21 »
Greater Manchester Police has at times ‘deliberately withheld’ information from the mayor’s office amid battles for transparency that became a ‘war of attrition’, Andy Burnham has claimed, in a veiled attack on the previous Chief Constable.

. What an absolutely contemptible a**whole Burnham is, I think that makes Hopkins his scapegoat doesn't it?  ;D ;D ;D

St Chads Lad

« Reply #32 on: 13:14:22, 10/02/21 »
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/mayor-hires-private-consultants-help-19808330

Burnham doing what he does best, spaffing taxpayers money up the wall, I wonder if he'll tack this on to his 'precept'.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: 13:50:22, 10/02/21 »
Local elections are going ahead, now's the time for people to vote to save that expenditure
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

« Reply #34 on: 20:23:40, 06/04/21 »
Strike one up to the boys in blue, they solved one today and I was on the wrong side of the law, my 'crime'?
 After months of noise from my next door neighbours kids and a number of appeals for them to tone it down a little, and contacting their landlord for help (who did sod all), I finally snapped, on Sunday it became unbearable and I rattled their front door and some heated words were exchanged, this morning two fuzz were on my doorstep, yes the 'victim' phoned them so I opened the door and what looked like the head boy from the local sixth form college and a midget asked to come in, nah that ain't gonna happen, they had travelled in their little Noddy car to tell me off for swearing, albeit in a forthright manner, at the geezer next door, seriously.  ;D
.  So after a little chat, where one of the drones informed me it was a criminal offence to threaten someone I told him to "do his job then", he didn't seem to know how to react, so I promised to be Good, cop and a half slithered back to their Noddy car and headed off, no doubt proper of themselves  I was getting bored anyway.
. There isn't any real crime in my area apparently.  ::)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: 20:40:37, 06/04/21 »
Top of the list of householders' complaints is noisy neighbours,  then barking dogs, then mess in gardens, barbecue smells - I guess they mean 'overload',  bonfires throughout the summer,  nosy neighbours,and there were more - it was often a- question on quizzes.

0161 872 5050

lozflan

« Reply #36 on: 07:51:28, 07/04/21 »
Whats with the phone No. is it a Help Line ? Takeaway? Private Service?
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: 09:30:08, 07/04/21 »
It's a general number - Trafford - the operator puts people through to whatever service they require, I expect you can ask them what is the same for other areas of Greater Manchester.

St Chads Lad

« Reply #38 on: 09:49:48, 07/04/21 »
The number is for Chester house, it's the keystone cops Comms centre but the filth don't like you to use it, they prefer the 101 'non emergency' number.  ::)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: 21:22:12, 08/04/21 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-56676907

'Taken action' -  Deputy Chief Constable
Mr Hussain said to ensure crimes were being recorded "correctly, we have around 70 officers across the districts responsible for reviewing every incident which comes in".
"Through our due diligence process, between December 2020 and March 2021 of the 150,283 incidents which have been reviewed, a further 6,155 crimes have been recorded."
He said the force's priority was to "put victims of crime at the centre of everything we do", with a particular focus on helping victims of domestic abuse, an area which was highlighted as a concern in the report.
"We have conducted a review of body-worn video for domestic abuse cases to see if we could have done more to support them," he said.
"We are using this to take the learning and improve the service we provide and have taken action where we have seen both good and poor practice."
He added that while it "clear we still have a lot of work to do to regain the confidence of the public", the force was "working hard" to deliver the "high-quality service" the area's residents "rightly expect of us".

Former Chief Constable,  Ian Hopkins resigned,  his replacement Stephen Watson is due to take up his role at the end of May.
« Last Edit: 21:28:18, 08/04/21 by celeste »

St Chads Lad

« Reply #40 on: 21:46:44, 08/04/21 »
They're spending £7.5 million on 143 new defectives.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: 22:03:51, 08/04/21 »
I wonder how long their training lasts for,

so many calls for help ignored,  unanswered,  is it laziness, was there any explanation?

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: 21:05:29, 09/04/21 »
That's unbelieveable, and they could be targeting others.