Author Topic: Delete their accounts - Marcus Rashford  (Read 616 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Delete their accounts - Marcus Rashford
« on: 21:30:24, 13/02/21 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56049254

Abuse on social media should be "easy to stop", says Manchester United and England forward Marcus Rashford.
Rashford is one of several players to have been racially abused online in recent weeks, while manager Steve Bruce and referee Mike Dean have received death threats.

Social media companies have been told by football's authorities to "go further" with how they deal with abuse.
But Rashford thinks the first step is simply to "deactivate accounts".
"Online abuse should be easy to stop," the 23-year-old told Sky Sports. "You just deactivate the accounts.

"It's very easy to make four or five accounts but if you've got to block them out you block them out.
"I feel that's on the actual social media companies themselves - Instagram, Twitter.
"If they see anyone that's being racially abused or abused in any way their accounts should be deleted straight away.
"That's one way of getting rid of most of it, if not all of it."
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

Re: Delete their accounts - Marcus Rashford
« Reply #1 on: 22:12:51, 13/02/21 »
Social media is a cesspit, just stay away, if not sticks and stones as we used to say.  ::)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 22:40:58, 13/02/21 »
What I don't understand is that nearly all teams have foreign or British players, are the racists booing their own players - it could affect their game concentration meaning matches could be lost - makes me wonder if they are there to disrupt the game with impunity.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

ExileSteve

« Reply #3 on: 23:02:37, 23/02/21 »
On the other hand, it is entirely possible that the booing of black players does not actually take place, except in the imagination of a tiny band of not-very-bright players and a corrupt Establishment media that is only too willing to lend them a hand.