Author Topic: New safety measures after Sarah Everard death  (Read 659 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
New safety measures after Sarah Everard death
« on: 09:46:42, 16/03/21 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56410943

"Immediate steps" aimed at improving safety for women and girls in England have been announced by Downing Street after Sarah Everard's death.
Among them is an additional £25m for better lighting and CCTV as well as a pilot scheme which would see plain-clothes officers in pubs and clubs.
Labour said the funding would replace only a fraction of cuts the government has made previously.

It comes after hundreds of people protested in central London on Monday.
Ms Everard went missing while walking home from a friend's house on 3 March.
Her body was later found in woodland in Kent and Metropolitan Police officer Wayne Couzens, 48, has been charged with her murder.

All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

St Chads Lad

Re: New safety measures after Sarah Everard death
« Reply #1 on: 16:04:57, 16/03/21 »
I wonder what is classed as 'predatory behaviour?' I'm afraid that it is open to interpretation, some may think merely looking at a young lady at a social gathering could constitute it, maybe dancing with a girl, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out, but all I'll say is that I wouldn't like to be a young fella going to clubs now, you could be accused of anything. Clownworld continues at a pace.  ::)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 16:16:03, 16/03/21 »
 Looking or dancing with girls wouldn't be an offence imo,  but stalking is against the law now and according to statistics it is still going on and it puts women in fear (and some men too)

St Chads Lad

« Reply #3 on: 16:38:13, 16/03/21 »
Agree 100% about stalking and I'd like to think that the majority of women share your view regarding looking and dancing, however given the way the fuzz have overreached their powers in the last twelve months I feel that a lot of innocent lads are going to end up in trouble if this goes ahead, but is it not the duty of nightclub staff to ensure the safety of their patrons, the danger lies on the streets so the fuzz should be out there keeping people safe, that's if there is anyone left that trusts them when these 'activists' have finished spreading their anti male poison.
. I stated in an earlier post some time back that these people are set on dividing us as much as possible and this is the latest ploy, the majority of men will be hoping that when that scumbag goes on trial he gets what's coming, inmates don't like coppers so hopefully he'll get justice in gaol.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 22:41:28, 16/03/21 »
It is the duty of nightclub and pub staff to protect their patrons,  and the same in shops,  supermarkets and restaurants/cafes,  and the worst danger is, as you say,  the streets,  a police presence, either in uniform or plain clothes would be an improvement and give reassurance to lone women/men.