Author Topic: Manchester Christmas lights  (Read 2596 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Manchester Christmas lights
« on: 03:25:06, 25/10/05 »
Switch-On is 10 November 2005 in Albert Square, 6 - 7pm. Apparently with Lee Ryan, Alex the Lion and the plotting penguins from the film Madagascar. :-\
Did you see last years effort? Will this years lights be any different?

throbbing angel

Re: Manchester Christmas lights
« Reply #1 on: 22:29:37, 01/11/05 »
yeah, I saw last years 'effort' with some bloke in a Shrek suit giving a gift to some kid, Shaznay Lewis [is it Lewis?  that ex-all saints sort anyway] underwhelming the audience.  On the other hand, the fireworks and over zealous trading standards officers were a treat to watch!:)

It's a good evning out if you look after yer wallet

pip pip
Throbbing Angel     

TELENY

« Reply #2 on: 16:21:42, 02/09/06 »

Oh for goodness sake . . . !!  >:(

If Manchester can't afford some decent local celebs to liven things up for the Christmas switch-on - it adds nothing to the event by having third-rate, Big Brother rejects flapping their knickers! 

I am sure that if the organisers put their collective planks together thay can find some very entertaining and talented local individuals/groups to do justice to the occasion.

peterw

« Reply #3 on: 15:26:21, 15/09/06 »
Truthful and to the point. I’d suggest asking Father Christmas but he’ll be too busy parcelling prezzies! Tony Blair isn’t all that popular so we can rule him out too, despite his popularity with the City Council. President George ‘dubya’ Bush isn’t clever enough to switch lights on, but he might be persuaded to switch ’em off so that only leaves us with Dale Winton; Bruce Forsyth being too busy with Strictly Come Dancing etc. Has anyone asked Bernard Manning, by the way? He’d certainly be entertaining!
Funny things happen to me on my way to the Forum

TELENY

« Reply #4 on: 23:43:20, 16/09/06 »

peterw . . . agree with you about why most of the people you list would be excluded from the switch-on, however, BERNARD MANNING!!??  (Can you imagine what its going to cost the Mancunian taxpayer in mince pies . . . ?!)   :o

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 08:38:48, 05/10/06 »
i cant wait for the xmas lights to come on, i was in Albeert Square on the millenium eve it was unforgettable
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

peterw

« Reply #6 on: 01:41:05, 06/10/06 »
Remind me, I’ve forgotten!
Funny things happen to me on my way to the Forum

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 18:25:15, 11/10/06 »
Now that TAKE THAT have re-formed they could ask them
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing