Author Topic: Recycling Facilities  (Read 1948 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Recycling Facilities
« on: 12:29:39, 25/10/05 »
What are the recycling facilities like in your area?

Are they good enough? Does recycling really make a difference?

Re: Recycling Facilities
« Reply #1 on: 00:49:38, 27/10/05 »
Not if you drive to the recycling dump in a gas guzzling 4x4.

erinburger

« Reply #2 on: 15:14:33, 09/03/06 »
Ive recently moved to the area for Lancaster .
Ive noticed that theres a lot of recyling and enviromentally freindly waste managemnt schemes for local business , there isnt much for normal people .

in Lancaster , the council recently bought in a recycling program , households are given a vast array of bins and plastic containers for sorting rubbish into , recycable bits are recycled , and other stuffs incinerated .

This is a good approach I thought , even though it can be a bit of a pain to rember and the council only did it in response to an overflowing and stinking landfill. :)

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 22:08:47, 04/10/06 »
they never left me a blue bag for the magazines, so i put them in the black container,  as it was raining i put the black container under the lid of the black dustbin, i overslept for the first time in ages and never got back the black container,  is it churned up in the vehicle or is everything tipped out later meaning the container could be retrieved,  who knows?
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

lozflan

« Reply #4 on: 08:52:30, 06/08/20 »
Anyone visited recycling facility during lockdown?. Many have been closed and the ones open are rammed.
Ihad to visit 2 this week,the first had a small but slow moving queue. On leaving I was swore at by another waiting driver.
The other in Stalybridge,had cars blocking the entrance.  It seems everyone not working is giving house and garden a makeover.
Is that why some are bad tempered?
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason