Author Topic: Woolworths Fire  (Read 57649 times)

St Chads Lad

Re: Woolworths Fire
« Reply #120 on: 10:49:42, 26/07/18 »
It sounds as if your Mum had a very profound and positive effect on your life, sorry to hear of her passing, now go on and get that book done, good luck with it  :)

Parky

« Reply #121 on: 11:27:41, 26/07/18 »
Hi everyone,
Thank you for your kind words. 
To be honest I was going to try and write a book . Last year with the help of my mum. But she passed away  just before  I was going to ask her things again about my past from when I was little  from the age of 6. I have a blank space from age 6 until I was 7/8. Even though she told me everything  each time I went to see her which was every day for the 5 year's  she was living nearest to me. It was really great to listen to everything . Even her family background . At the moment I'm trying to  remember everything she told me . I normally  have a good memory.  But since I lost my mum last year. It's like my mind as gone blank .

So I'm going to have a good try and write my book not just for me  but for my mum too .
Because without  her telling me  what I didn't know already.  I wouldn't  have got this far .
It's knowing where to start and what to call my book. 
I did put somethings  down on paper  a few months ago.  Even  to the days  up until the day I found my mum.
I'm not sure if to add that in my book  because it's part of my life .
But it's something I'd like to do for the future of my children and their families .

Well thank you all again for your kind words .

Dorothy , I think it us who have to thank you, O0

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: 11:36:09, 26/07/18 »
Cheethamgirl has written two books, if you want to get started O0
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Dorothyl

« Reply #123 on: 12:25:51, 26/07/18 »
Hi celeste.
Thank you. That would be great .give me some ideas  on how to start it.
At the moment I'm putting together all my background  and everything  my mum told me.  If I've not already done so. I will have a look through my files I've wrote down so it will jog my memory .and hopefully  everything will come back in my head. 

Thank you again for helping me out

Dorothy

Littlenewts

« Reply #124 on: 10:08:10, 02/10/18 »
Good Morning - I am doing a presentation on the Manchester Fire 1979, I read that there was a reconstruction done to see how sprinklers may of suppressed the fire/smoke in Cardington, Bedfordshire.  I have spent many hours searching the net but have been unable to find any footage, does anyone know where I might obtain this, I would be most grateful? Many thanks.

celeste

• Global Moderator
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

trevor webb

« Reply #126 on: 10:26:05, 01/12/18 »
I vaguely remember the fire (I worked for the Department of the Environment in Sunley Tower opposite to Woolworths). I recall smoke bellowing out of upper floors windows but thankfully I can't remember anything more dreadful than that.

ExileSteve

« Reply #127 on: 07:02:42, 02/12/18 »
I only remember seeing it on the news. Thankfully I wasn't there.