Author Topic: searching for family  (Read 2386 times)

Chorlton Boy

searching for family
« on: 21:11:08, 24/05/06 »
I must first apologise if you sigh and think ...oh hell, another  Manc expat that asks about family in the Manchester area he should've kept in touch with 35 years ago and now, at age 50, thinks he has to find out more about them.

Apol accepted....oh good.

Chorlton-[censored]-Hardy mid 30's on, the Callister family raised Oswald Rd area then Albermarle Rd by the green. Large family. Never new my grandfather Callister, Manxman possibly originally a Collister, married a Neil (again from IoM) sons William (Bill moved to Exeter after the war) Albert (Abby married Pat West early 50's) Alan (worked for Granada in the early days of TV in the NW) Daughter Celia (Cici married to Norman. I think his surname was Booth) and last but not least the black sheep of the family who was never talked about until nearly all the family were gone and I never found out what he'd done, Steven Callister.
If you knew any of them or there families living or not, drop me a line or two.

many thanks.

peterw

Re: searching for family
« Reply #1 on: 15:26:22, 25/05/06 »
Type Steven Callister into Google and you’ll find the name as an athlete with, I think, Trafford Athletic Club. He’s under the age of 20 but could be a son or grandson of the person you’d like to find.
Funny things happen to me on my way to the Forum

Chorlton Boy

Re: searching for family
« Reply #2 on: 18:09:43, 27/05/06 »
Many thanks,

will try that

CB