Author Topic: claremont road school moss side  (Read 18560 times)

Maggietuk

Re: claremont road school moss side
« Reply #15 on: 00:56:03, 03/01/13 »

Aw Maggie, sorry, she passed away in 2003, the last time I visited England. I miss her a lot. My younger sister Joy still lives there though if anyone remembers her.

I am so sorry to hear this sad news..:) she was my favorite teacher..

Canadian_Brit

« Reply #16 on: 18:54:48, 03/01/13 »
Really? I was embarrassed because she yelled at everyone so much... but she yelled at my sister and me a lot more... lol
I do think though, that most of her students did well, they had no choice but to listen, and she was good at what she did. She used to sit for hours at night, marking homework etc. She wanted me to be a teacher too but after realising how much work it was, I said "no way." I'm sure if she were still here, she'd have been over the moon to hear from you.

The Twins

« Reply #17 on: 18:51:11, 11/02/16 »
Hi,

my twin sister and I attended the school between 1960-1964. I remember a wooden building in the playground being painted and getting varnish on my coat! I also remember the Christmas parties when the children wore their "Sunday " best and a teacher had sweets, wrapped up for each child in georgette bags, on a silver tray on the piano (I only remember the good bits!). I recall a sandpit in the nursery play area and children riding round and round on tricycles. When we went up to Junior school I was sad that it wasn't so much fun at break time.

Our father attended the school when he was a boy and told us that Claremont Road was bombed and the school closed for two years. He said the children were thrilled but that it ruined his education!

Ruibi

« Reply #18 on: 17:58:37, 17/02/16 »
Hi not sure if anyone I know is on here.. My name is Margaret Russell (now Maggie)
I attended Claremont Road School for Girls when City Ground was being built..I remember Barbara Jeski, Rhona Poulter and Shirley cant remember her last name.  I would love to get in touch with some of the girls i was in school with..The headmistress at the time was Ms Blackburn.. tall and skinny lady very strict.. I hated school back then and skipped a lot..If anyone knows me send  a  message

Maggie

Ruibi

« Reply #19 on: 18:13:07, 17/02/16 »
 hi my name is Cynthia rose, I went to Claremont road girls school from first year to second year, I remember miss Blackburn very well, you could hear her coming down the corridor a mile away. I went there in 1963/64. When I moved to live in Worksop. I remember all those teachers. Miss Philips, miss woods , weren't there 2 miss woods ?, and so many teachers, my best friend at that time was Sylvia Barlow. Do you remember the red sash you got at the end of the year if you kept a neat and tidy uniform ? I also remember Linda Crosby I would love to know what happened to all those girls, good times.
If anyone remember s my name please get in touch with me. I have only just found this site whilst searching for old Manchester x
« Last Edit: 18:28:12, 17/02/16 by Ruibi »

Ruibi

« Reply #20 on: 18:30:25, 17/02/16 »
hi my name is Cynthia rose, I went to Claremont road girls school from first year to second year, I remember miss Blackburn very well, you could hear her coming down the corridor a mile away. I went there in 1963/64. When I moved to live in Worksop. I remember all those teachers. Miss Philips, miss woods , weren't there 2 miss woods ?, and so many teachers, my best friend at that time was Sylvia Barlow. Do you remember the red sash you got at the end of the year if you kept a neat and tidy uniform ? I also remember Linda Crosby I would love to know what happened to all those girls, good times.
If anyone remember s my name please get in touch with me. I have only just found this site whilst searching for old Manchester x

Vanessa

« Reply #21 on: 23:19:20, 14/04/19 »
My Mum is Mrs Herz she was a teacher at Claremont Road infant school and is now 89 years old

myuen

Re: claremont road school moss side Mrs Furness
« Reply #22 on: 23:00:25, 05/09/19 »
This is to Canadian_Brit
Was your mother's maiden name Miss Davies? and married name Mrs Furness? Taught at Claremont Rd school.
I was in her class when I was about 9 years old. She slapped me a few times on my calf just because I could not say parallelogram so I said the shape was a rhombus instead.
She also did not let me have my pudding because I would not eat cheese pie which would have made me feel sick. Did she not realise she was a child abuser and the dinner money was paid by my parents!
I'm sure she had it in for me just because I was a little Chines girl and she was a racist!
I would spit on her if I saw her now!
I hate her everytime I think of my ordeal at school because she put fear in most children! I was so afraid of her that I pretended to be ill to miss a day at school. Apart from that my attendance was 100%.
« Last Edit: 23:16:22, 05/09/19 by myuen »