Author Topic: Restaurant recommendations  (Read 1064 times)

sam999

Restaurant recommendations
« on: 15:08:53, 02/03/09 »
Hello Manchester

I will be visiting Manchester in March and would like recommendations on restaurants.

Not chains please - places which serve freshly prepared food.  There will be a vegetarian in our party.

Many thanks in advance.

Sam

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Restaurant recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 16:12:16, 02/03/09 »
Welcome to the forum Sam, I hope the following will help:-

Manchester Restaurant Guide - comprehensive guide to Vegan and Vegetarian restaurants in Manchester.
www.restaurantsofmanchester.com/vegetarian.htm - 72k - Cached - Similar pages
Manchester Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants in ManchesterManchester Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants, shops and cafés aimed specifically at vegetarians and vegans in Greater Manchester.
www.manchester2002-uk.com/eat&drink/restaurants/veggie/vegetarian.html - 43k - Cached - Similar pages
Vegetarian Restaurants in ManchesterVegout.Info the vegetarian guide to restaurants and eating ... Misty's Vegetarian Cafe, Manchester, Wholefood, 2.1 (3.3). Trof, Manchester, World, 2.5 (4) ...
www.vegout.info/country_area_search.php?Area=M1&town=Manchester - 13k - Cached - Similar pages
Vegetarian restaurants in Manchester Vegan restaurant, Vegetarian ...Vegetarian Friendly Restaurants in Manchester. If you can't find the venue you're looking for, add it here. To refine your search ...
www.sugarvine.com/manchester/search/cuisine_search.asp?cuisine_type=Vegetarian - 45k - Cached - Similar pages
Launch Page - The Greenhouse Licensed Vegetarian and Vegan ...Greenhouse Logo - The Greenhouse Licensed Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurant
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

sam999

« Reply #2 on: 10:49:14, 03/03/09 »
Hello Celeste

Thanks for the reply, it's really helpful.

I wasn't specifically looking for veggie places, I guess just decent restaurants/gastropubs that could cater to a veggie.  I read about Manchester restaurants in the Guardian/Observer from time to time but can't remember any of the names!

Thanks again.
Sam

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 10:53:50, 03/03/09 »
I usually go to the Cafe Metro if I'm in a rush, then there is the Cafe Rouge which I frequent when I'm in London, or Kendals restaurant on the sixth floor - better still Harvey Nicks, and even better but quite expensive the Hilton Hotel ;)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing