Author Topic: Protest against the closure of Ewing School  (Read 2142 times)

Debs

Protest against the closure of Ewing School
« on: 13:32:42, 28/03/09 »
We are holding a Protest in Albert square in Manchester between the hours of 11.30AM and 1.30PM on the 23rd April 2009, to fight the proposed closure of our special needs school.
If you are able to join us please contact uin advance so that we can inform the police of how many will be attending.
Ewing School is the Speech, Language and Communication school in Manchester.
If they take away our school, these special children will be forced back into mainstream school.
By taking away the only speech, language and communication school, they they are leaving our children with nothing!
They are taking away the children's future, their self confidence and their sense of belonging.
Please don't let this happen, by staying silent.
This is a really important school for the children that attend there and their families.
Please come along to support us.
Your support is greatly appreciated.
Debbie

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Protest against the closure of Ewing School
« Reply #1 on: 18:25:29, 28/03/09 »
It's the middle of the week I think - yes I shall go along, can you remind me nearer the time please Debs.

If you can get a banner stating 'Manchester Forum supports Ewing School' that would be even better.
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Debs

« Reply #2 on: 14:31:19, 29/03/09 »
 Hi It would be great ifyou could come along. we have 2 banners 1 of which someone off facebook made free of charge if there is anyone out there who can do one for the forum we will gladly take it. We are trying to raise funds for solicitors and with only 84 pupils it's pretty hard going.
Will remind you nearer the time THANKS AGAIN FOR SUPPORTING OUR CHILDREN AND BEING THERE VOICE.

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: 23:08:59, 29/03/09 »
Hi Debs,

Have you posted details of the event on GumtreeManchester.com  ???

Christopher

Debs

« Reply #4 on: 21:29:10, 31/03/09 »
 :)   Hi Christopher

No i haven't posted the protest anywhere else all this is new to me what is the best way to go about it
look forward to any help you can offer

Debs

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: 01:57:14, 01/04/09 »
Hi Debs,

The National Association for Small Schools may give you some support www.smallschools.org.uk There's also NASEN (the National Association for Special Educational Needs). There are a large number of links on this site ... I'm sure some may be worth contacting. www.literacytrust.org.uk/Links/special.html

Christopher

Christopher

« Reply #6 on: 02:16:49, 01/04/09 »
Debs,

It's new to me too but I'm doing my best to bounce some ideas in your direction 8)

Try to contact groups or individuals who have protested against the closure of schools and managed to overturn the decision to have the school closed.

Ewing School, West Didsbury www.manchester-forum.co.uk/index.php/topic,3025.new.html#new

Christopher
« Last Edit: 02:26:54, 01/04/09 by Christopher »

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: 02:37:14, 01/04/09 »
What about a YouTube video about Ewing School. Here's one about Abbey School in Staffordshire www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeNWdwXf4xM

Can you get some local musicians to join the protest ... they could help attract a crowd.

Christopher