Author Topic: Communities Creating Change  (Read 1607 times)

julessust

Communities Creating Change
« on: 11:08:31, 05/09/06 »
COMMUNITIES CREATING CHANGE
Friday 22nd September, Friends Meeting House, Manchester, 10 - 4

A conference bringing together campaigners, researchers and active members of the community interested in creating a sustainable future.

Influencing change nationally :
Climate change, nuclear power & arms
Creating change locally:
Local campaigns share techniques
Sustainable neighbourhoods
Creating change with art
Getting the message out

Keynote speeches,
workshops and presentations from experts and leaders in the field
Finishing with a message to the Labour Party Conference

£10 waged/£5 unwaged
To request a booking form call 0161 273 1736 and ask for Jemma or email [email protected]

Christopher

Re: Communities Creating Change
« Reply #1 on: 01:49:22, 20/09/06 »
Hei Jules, do you guys not have a website ??? Sorry, maybe this should be addressed to Jemma :D

How are you going to get the message out in the 21st century without a website. ???

Keynote speeches .... that sounds good .... tell us more ... who are the keynote speakers. Do they not deserve a bit of publicity?  Have you got Biographical notes on the Speakers attending this conference? Who's in charge of the publicity. Sell this conference properly ... there are so many other events ... Conferences need to be properly sold. Where in Manchester is the Friends Meeting House. Active members of communities tend to be busy people ... they usually like facts set out properly so that they can decide whether it is worth while contacting Jemma. Do you have a Time Table of events including coffee and lunch breaks? I received full details about workshops organised by the Ulster Historical Foundation, taking place in Belfast on Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th September. They posted me two pages giving answers to the type of questions I'm asking you. Their conference and workshops are about family history research and the history of Belfast.

I'm sure I'm not the only person wanting to know more. This conference is being organised by  The Scarman Trust, Manchester. The Friend's Meeting House is situated at 6, Mount Street. M2 5NS There is a map on the web site.
« Last Edit: 02:17:51, 20/09/06 by Christopher »