Author Topic: E.C.C.  (Read 10259 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
E.C.C.
« on: 13:37:26, 12/10/06 »
Can anyone tell me (especially Peterw or TELENY, as you are the only ones who seem to be regularly active on here) what benefits  the average person has gained from being in the Common Market?
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

peterw

Re: E.C.C.
« Reply #1 on: 16:18:49, 12/10/06 »
Few if any. I’d feel a lot more comfortable dealing as we used to do, with the Commonwealth. But take no notice, I’m an old man with fixed ideas  and there’s 20 miles of water between us and the rest of Europe, which to my mind makes us anything except Europeans.
For my money, Maggie Thatcher could have stuck her tunnel where the sun doesn’t shine.
Funny things happen to me on my way to the Forum

village_idiot

« Reply #2 on: 22:40:57, 12/10/06 »
Peter
Good on ya mate for your views
That woman was one of the main reasons i left England many moons ago she ruined the place
Long live the republic of Australia
Village _idiot

peterw

« Reply #3 on: 15:52:40, 15/10/06 »
Steady on old chap! Republic of? You’re slowly but surely becoming British again! And with all you foreigners the Land of Oz aint what it once Woz. Too many sheep without shepherds, and what’s more you all stand upside-down. It beats me how you hang on — and I can say that because this forum doesn’t have any knowledgeable intellectuals who can argue about why that happens and what it has to do with the force of gravity.

I think I might switch channels, and just for devilment introduce SF to a thread about plug-holes and draining waters in the northern hemisphere as compared to the Southern hemisphere, and what happens on the Equator. I wonder, does anyone on the Equator have a plug-hole and draining water?

I’d bet any money that a thread like that would be swamped by plumbers who’d all end up arguing the toss about nothing!  Going now to start thread in Fun and Random.

village_idiot

« Reply #4 on: 22:53:13, 16/10/06 »
Peter
I will allways have a soft spot in my heart for England
The problem is the England that i once knew does not exist anymore
I am an Australian citizen now and i used to hate it when i first went down under but the place grows on ya and now i would not swap it for anything
The place is clean and the lifestyle is healthy and whats more the people decide on what happens in this country not some bunch of beaurocrats that are political doo good [censored]
I definately miss being at old trafford ( i actualy played there many times when i wore a younger mans clothes)
I remember the day that Alex Dawson dropped his shorts to the stretford end and everyone shouted "where is it Alex " they should have seen him in the changing rooms hahahahahahahaha
Yes the old Place and its values are sure different now than they were years ago
All i read now in the papers about the U K is about what muslims want and dont want
I wont comment on that subject because this is not the place to do so but at the end of the day if ya dont like where ya live and under the conditions that ya live in then get ya ass out of there
I am just having breakfast as i type i am holding on to the bowl of cerials as i dont want them to fall out with me being upside down to you lot
The benefit on my behalf is that i can see right up celeste  skirt as i am down under (nod nod wink wink)
Right folks i am gonna git to work soon so take care and good health to yas all
Village _idiot

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 23:20:59, 16/10/06 »
WELL!  Its a good thing you are married Village, or I WOULD MAKE YOU MARRY ME FOR THAT LAST REMARK ( on second thoughts I shall wait for the desert island scenario-remember!!)

peterw

« Reply #6 on: 00:34:43, 17/10/06 »
Come back to England and open an Australian takeaway, and you’ll do a bomb! There used to be one in Bakewell, don’t know if it’s stil there though. It’s the only one I could find — and cereals were stood the right way up without us having to hold ’em in.

I have a cousin living in Australia. He also became an Oz citizen but only because he couldn’t get his pension without becoming one. Seriously, is this true? I ask because I can go anywhere to live anywhere in the world and have my pension sent to me. He reckons he couldn’t.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 09:35:45, 17/10/06 »
i went to Bakewell in July and never saw one, as for the pension, i thought you could get your pension anywhere but it stayed at the same amount as when you left, or is that just E.C.C. countrys?

peterw

« Reply #8 on: 14:31:00, 17/10/06 »
You can. But in Oz, apparently, you can’t get your state pension unless you become a naturalised citizen, and even then, if you leave the country your pension stays behind and you don’t get it — so my cousin says. The Oz restaurant was in a sort of square of small shops and a couple of offices. Excellent food.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 15:01:29, 17/10/06 »
oh you are just a fountain of knowledge

peterw

« Reply #10 on: 21:32:59, 17/10/06 »
Don’t start me on water again!

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 22:31:25, 17/10/06 »
my favourite subject, being an Aquarian

village_idiot

« Reply #12 on: 22:59:27, 17/10/06 »
Hello boys and girls
Well its another of those horrible days again down under where the sun is going to shine from 05:00 hrs untill it goes down at 19:00 hrs (5am to 7 pm for the ladies )

The temperature today is going to be 34 celcious and i have to go and sit in an office all day in the air conditioner

Life can be so cruel sometimes because at this temp there will be a smorgasboard of pink pointers at the beach

I cant wait till i finish work then it will be a quick  drive to the nearest beach and a swim and a stroll along the beach and then a nice Thai meal

Yes today is going to be a mongrel

Peter i would never come back to live in old blighty
It has served its purpose for me

Pensions are a thing that i dont bother with my Financial Consultant says that i have got my affairs in good order so
i wont be going short on the ever ready cash

Right i am gonna git as i have got a couple of things to do
Good health to yas all
Village _idiot

peterw

« Reply #13 on: 00:26:26, 18/10/06 »
Watch your financial advisor doesn’t run off with all your money! When they talk about having everything in order, that’s the time to worry!

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: 13:35:11, 18/10/06 »
pink pointers, do we have them over here