Author Topic: Calling British Optimists in Manchester!  (Read 1589 times)

Researcher1

Calling British Optimists in Manchester!
« on: 15:47:19, 12/10/06 »
Do you enjoy a nice cup of tea.... traditional or ginseng? Do you queue in an orderly fashion and talk about the weather?

Are you also a positive and social person, with broad horizons and actively involved in your local community?

Gutsy Ltd. is a research company working on a project for Associated Newspapers.  We're looking for people who are proud to live in a diverse and multi-cultured Britain, to help us understand how 'Middle England' has developed over the last 20 years. You'll read the Daily Mail, amongst other titles.  You won't always agree with it, but overall, you'll think it reflective of the country today.

If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk to you.   

To get involved, please email Becky at Gutsy Ltd. ([email protected]) with your name, contact number and postcode. 

peterw

Re: Calling British Optimists in Manchester!
« Reply #1 on: 16:13:57, 12/10/06 »
Sorry mate — I’m social (up to a point) but not to the point of either reading or buying the Daily Mail. I read if possible or buy when not, what used to be titled The Manchester Guardian. And the one thing you’ll not want to do is talk to me because I’m not all that proud to live in a diverse and multi-cultured Britain.

However, I must say you’re a Gutsy wench to even suggest I might be!
Funny things happen to me on my way to the Forum

peterw

Re: Calling British Optimists in Manchester!
« Reply #2 on: 03:22:47, 13/10/06 »
P.S. And what on earth makes you think that anyone would believe the Daily Mail to be reflective of the country today. Opinions on the Daily Mail do I admit vary, but have a peep at Sheffield Forum — one of the country’s biggest — and you’ll find most forumers are not exactly keen on its content. In fact, if you find any one of its 30,000-plus members with a good word to say about it I’ll either buy you a toffee apple or a corderoy walking-stick.
Funny things happen to me on my way to the Forum