Author Topic: MUSLIM VEIL  (Read 7816 times)

TELENY

MUSLIM VEIL
« on: 13:55:45, 20/10/06 »

Ok, deep breath . . .

Does anyone agree with Jack Straw, Ruth Kelly and PM Blair that the Muslim Veil is a barrier to integration?

Is the issue really about the veil or is it an issue of a conflict of values between a particular community and the host society?

Is the issue about the veil just a deflection from the disaster in Iraq and the failure of The War on Terror?

On a lighter note, can anyone think of a Dr Who storyline involving the veil and alien invasion . . .  :o !!

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: MUSLIM VEIL
« Reply #1 on: 15:33:51, 20/10/06 »
Jack Straw was demoted from foreign secretary,  what better revenge on Tony Blair tha nto deliberately putting his foot in it and causing uproar for his party!!
we are now going to have a set of rules of what we can or cannot wear, and if we are really going to be far-fetched we could have yobs disguising themselves similarly -  help!
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

TELENY

« Reply #2 on: 11:37:32, 21/10/06 »

Whatever the cultural implications, I think the headscarfe and veil should be part of any woman's attire.  Its the perfect antidote to a bad hair and makeup day . . . (an increasing problem for blokes, also) . . . cover the hair and throw yourself into a sack - perfect !!  :)

TELENY

« Reply #3 on: 11:38:46, 21/10/06 »

I'm still waiting for Dr Who storylines . . . come on, the possibilities are endless - let your mind runaway !!

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 11:52:33, 21/10/06 »
i shall be able to recognize you then when i go to see MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT :D

Tuesday

« Reply #5 on: 20:24:40, 21/10/06 »
I have suggested it for our new Staff Uniform. No more worrying about what to wear or will I turn up in the same outfit as someone else. (I like my workmates but the 'twin' look would be taking it a bit far! ::)) and...when things go horribly wrong.....no one can be identified 8)..ideal scenario ;D!!
"I'll think about it tomorrow", Scarlett O'Hara (Gone with the Wind.)

TELENY

« Reply #6 on: 09:42:09, 22/10/06 »

I suppose you could ACCESSORIZE your sack . . . if the headscarfe was replaced with Darth Vaders helmet one could get free access into one of those sci-fi conventions!!  :)

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: 11:36:10, 22/10/06 »
Could I be banned for wearing a black T shirt with a small embroidered motif of Denis the Menace ???
« Last Edit: 14:51:57, 23/10/06 by Christopher »

Tuesday

« Reply #8 on: 12:53:26, 22/10/06 »
Could I be banned for wearing a black tea shirt with a small embroidered motif of Denis the Menace ???

I think this would depend on the size of the T.Shirt and what you wore with it  ;D!!
"I'll think about it tomorrow", Scarlett O'Hara (Gone with the Wind.)

Christopher

« Reply #9 on: 14:48:50, 22/10/06 »
It's a large size to fit me. I'd wear a pair of black trousers, socks and black dealer boots :D

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: 15:32:29, 22/10/06 »
black dealer boots ? ???  i wore a black dress with white sleeves and red embroidery, and the manager of the hotel in Rome said if i went out like that i would be mistaken for a fascist  :o

Christopher

« Reply #11 on: 17:35:03, 22/10/06 »
It sounds beautiful to me :D

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: 20:33:49, 22/10/06 »
Christopher, you are a born flirt (but charming with it)

village_idiot

« Reply #13 on: 22:46:14, 22/10/06 »
A barrier to Integration
Best barrier to intergration is to ship the lot of them out of the country
Enoch Powel god rest his soul was totaly correct when he stated that the streets would run red with race and religious riots many many years ago
I dont care what any political do good tells me in what ever country i live in
I have lived all over the world
These  people do not want to integrate their religion with you they want to get rid of the "INFIDEL "it is written in their book of prayer the koran
Nope i for one do not care what these muslims want i dont like there outlook on life and i never will
Integration my ass
Have a nice day
Village _idiot

TELENY

« Reply #14 on: 11:00:37, 23/10/06 »

Let us try to get a REALITY CHECK !!

It is our tanks and American tanks that are parked in Afghanistan and Iraq - if a Muslim country was to justify invading Britain because we have 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' (which we do) - can you imagine how [censored] off we would be?

We need to bring our tanks home and STOP villifying a community of over a billion.  It is safer for them and us that we start to RESPECT each others culture - they may  have a different way of dressing and behaving - but that is what makes the world rich.

Where does village_idiot want to ship Muslims to?  A lot of them were born and raised here in Britain?

Enoch Powell was a narrow-minded little reactionary who saw his vision of a white hamlet off the edge of Western Europe disappearing - so instead of coming to terms with it, he launched a crusade to ethnic cleanse - and lost!!