Author Topic: LOOKING FOR OLD PHOTOS PLS  (Read 16640 times)

shane421

LOOKING FOR OLD PHOTOS PLS
« on: 07:59:07, 29/04/10 »
Hello.. My name is Vincent Stevenson, I am looking for a class photo of St Malachy's Primary school, Collyhurst, 1951, 1952, I was 5, 6 yrs old. And also, would anybody who lived in Elizabeth Anne St, just oppisite St James Church from 1950 to 1953 have any photos of the street party for the queens coronation and possibly of St James Church. Now some names do come to mind and they are as follows: Tina Collins, Carmel Flannigan, Brenda Jones, Harold Kirk, Collotte Dodd. I remember a Sylvia Davidson and a Mary Rafferty of Hannah St , Collyhurst. We used to play together quite a lot, especially rollerskating down Rochdale Rd, At that time I lived with the Atkinsons in Arnold St just oppisite Hannah St. Wonderful days Sylvia when we were just 7 and 8 yrs of age. If you happen to read this message or anyone that knows her and has some old photos of the streets, could you please post them or send them to me via my e-mail.
I also lived with the Coopers in Richardson St, directly opposite St James Church and Sissy's Shop. And I remember a Norma Ashworth of Teignmouth St and a Brenda Louise in Richardson St. Fond memories of swinging on the gas lamp post and the fish n' chips. If any of the people mentioned read this message or know of any of them.. I am desperately seeking old photos of these streets, Now long gone. I would greatly appreciate it.. Thank you very much. Regards: Vincent.

rikster

Re: LOOKING FOR OLD PHOTOS PLS
« Reply #1 on: 12:48:02, 30/08/10 »
Hi Vincent, you may want to have a look at the site 'Collyhurst Forever' (link below). It' has heaps of pics from the old days.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=78775784984#!/group.php?gid=78775784984&v=photos

Cheers.

tony dixon

« Reply #2 on: 14:31:16, 20/09/10 »
Hi rikster,

Great site - thanks for sharing.

rikster

« Reply #3 on: 16:02:59, 20/09/10 »
Hi Tony, you'd probably like the websites on two of the adjoining areas too, Miles Platting and Collyhurst.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=65305078148&v=photos

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=78775784984&v=photos

Cheers, Rik.

rikster

« Reply #4 on: 16:09:45, 20/09/10 »
Ooops, I meant to post a link to the Ancoats site, not Collyhurst. Correct link below.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6569469&id=792823064#!/photo_search.php?oid=50316891841&view=all

Cheers, Rik.

tony dixon

« Reply #5 on: 16:52:36, 20/09/10 »
Don't worry about it - I have lots of senior moments nowadays.

Thanks once again - these are brilliant.

On the off chance, do you know of any dedicated sites like these covering the Corporation Street -  Long Millgate - Withy Grove - Shudehill - Cannon Street area, as this area holds a lot of 60's memories for me.

I know of the Manchester Council Image Bank but their pages aren't presented as user - friendly as your scource and there is a distinct lack of accompanying text.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers, Tony.

rikster

« Reply #6 on: 01:14:29, 21/09/10 »
Hi Tony, the 'Ancoats Forever' site has quite a bit of information and pics on most of the areas you mentioned.

Cheers.

rikster

« Reply #7 on: 17:10:06, 01/10/10 »
I forgot to mention youtube too Tony, heaps of clips on there. especially from the BFI Archives (link below).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0QkJNqYpFM&feature=player_embedded

Cheers, Rik.

tony dixon

« Reply #8 on: 17:24:36, 01/10/10 »
Thanks for the video link rikster - should pass a couple of hours  O0

Cheers.

Catriona

« Reply #9 on: 11:35:18, 12/02/14 »
Message from Vincent Steveson re old photos posted on this site. 
Question is, recently saw painting of Elizabeth Ann Street in Colyhurst used on an invitation to "Once Upon A Time" gallery.  Were advised it was a painting by a Vinni Stevenson and have been trying to get in touch ever since?
This painting is of my father in laws street and showed his front door where he grew up as a child.  We would very much like to buy a copy or a print of this painting for his birthday (16th February) but have been struggling to do this.  Can you help??  Any information would be much appreciated.  Thank You

evelyn1945

« Reply #10 on: 17:06:59, 06/11/14 »
Hi Vincent, do you remember a girl that went to St Malachys about your age called Margaret Ryder who lived at Kennett House. Cheers