Author Topic: Prestwich,,, heys road boys school & hope park girls school  (Read 20539 times)

toddy

did anyone go to heys road or hope park schools?

after a reunion of class of 76 (which could go to) i have built a small website, hope park are most welcome a nad a huge reunion of hope park is underway in june

www.heys76.co.uk   lots of old clips off tv, music etc too

do you remember these old adverts and kids tv like
hr puffnstuff, double deckers,
Internet rock radio station
packmoose radio

steveg

I went to Heys rd. graduated must have been 1974, I was 16. mostly good memories

Jamie

I too went to Heys Road School. I left in 1977. And I can ssure you that  NO-ONE graduated from that school prior to this date. Indeed my brothers also attended the same school. There were NO graduations!

Jamie

Also, in response to steveg, the year I started at 'The Heys' was the year the Government of the day had decided that the leaving age was raised to 16! Which really gets me down because, not only were my school years prolonged, but now my working years are also prolonged!!! (Raising of the retirement age.)

gebsrus

:) Wow, I left Prestwich Heys Boys School in 1967!!! Is it still standing?

I'd love to hear from anyone who attended from 1963 to 1967 O0

God I feel old(er) now....ha ha!!

gebsrus

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO 'BIRDY' - PRESTWICH HEYS, LEFT AROUND 1967/8, OR DOES ANYONE REMEMBER HIM? ...CHEERS... O0

jim burr

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO 'BIRDY' - PRESTWICH HEYS, LEFT AROUND 1967/8, OR DOES ANYONE REMEMBER HIM? ...CHEERS... O0
  what class was he in

gebsrus

I don't know what class he was in I'm afraid, but I remember "Bracewell" being the deputy head!? another name that comes to mind is Reg Evans (ginger haired lad!!!)

jim burr

I don't know what class he was in I'm afraid, but I remember "Bracewell" being the deputy head!? another name that comes to mind is Reg Evans (ginger haired lad!!!)
i was in the same class as Reg Evans....was it Paul Burdgess

jim burr

What class were you in? Were you in that year  have you been on the heys road school site there is an old class picture of  2b1 with it form teacher Allan Roberts from 1963

gebsrus

I was there from 1963 and left in 1967 at the tender age of 15. I don't remember much, my memory isn't what it used to be, but I do remember Reg Evens (I was in his class too!)
I wouldn't have remembered Allan Roberts without you mentioning his name.

Could you possibly send me the link to the school website, I can't find it. I'd love to see the class photo.

WOW!  I haven't seen or spoke to anyone from the day I left (apart from you!!!!)

jim burr

try Prestwich and Whitefield Heritage Society   there is an old class picture of the 1st year I,m 3rd on the
back row with the glasses

gebsrus

Found it, thanks Jim  O0   Is Reg Evens second row up from the front, 1st from the right by any chance? and could you possibly name any of the others at all?

jim burr

If you look  in the blogs further on up the page you will see i have named most of them ..are you on it? as i dont know your name   

gebsrus

You do actually know my name, you named me in the blog and earlier in our chats....

I'm Paul Burgess!!!!

I wanted to see if I got any response before I named myself.

I'm really glad you turned up, because that is the ONLY photo I have of my younger days.
I only have photos going back to 1986, prior to my marriage in 1990, so thank you for that!