Author Topic: finney  (Read 10229 times)

brenmaj

Re: finney
« Reply #15 on: 14:58:02, 28/08/11 »
My 5 times great grand father was a William Finney. He was born in 1759 in Lancashire and married Ellen Lucas in Rainford in 1784.
Could his father be the Thomas Finney you mention as the yeoman from Prescot?
I have found the baptism of a William son of Thomas and Ann on 1 January 1760 in Prescot, but cannot find any other births of a William around that time.
It is difficult for me to visit any record offices in Lancashire as I would need to visit for a few days as I live in Kent.
Any info would be helpful.
Brenda Jones
nee Thomas

Ed finney

« Reply #16 on: 22:05:10, 28/08/11 »
Hi Brenda
   I have been researching our Fenney ,FINNEY for years and yes that is correct.

.William FINNEY b: 21 Dec 1759 ,bapt 1 Jan1760- d: 4 Oct 1818,(farmer) ,marr at  Rainford on 01 Jun 1784. His father Thomas was farming in Windle according to his will of 1789.                   
         +#1 Ellen LUCAS.b: 1765   Wit Jno GASKELL,b: 1755s/o William Gaskell b: 1724 in Rainford & Margritt SMITH Richard LUCAS. Ellen was buried 26 Apr 1791.
 Could you please give me your line of descent as I may have missed some of our FINNEY members?.I am directline male descendant of Thomas Rgds,Ed FINNEY

alessandralee1948

« Reply #17 on: 10:19:48, 26/06/15 »
My ggg grandfather was a Thomas Finney, born 1862 Manchester England.  He came to Australia and married here.  His father is listed as William Finney, who married Mary McGinty.  That is all the information I have on those ancestors.  If someone could help me with further information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hideaway69

« Reply #18 on: 14:36:16, 26/06/15 »
My ggg grandfather was a Thomas Finney, born 1862 Manchester England.  He came to Australia and married here.  His father is listed as William Finney, who married Mary McGinty.  That is all the information I have on those ancestors.  If someone could help me with further information, I would greatly appreciate it.

A William Finney married Mary McGinty,  July 09 1847 at Manchester Cathedral
I Started Out with Nothing and I Still Got Most of It Left

annrow

« Reply #19 on: 06:36:06, 20/07/15 »
I'm not sure how to use this site but here goes.I have just come across people researching Finney.My grt grandmother was Elizabeth Finney,her father was John and mother Sarah Ann Ashton. Anyone come across these names they lived in the Manchester and Salford area. Regards Ann

Hideaway69

« Reply #20 on: 07:37:14, 20/07/15 »
I'm not sure how to use this site but here goes.I have just come across people researching Finney.My grt grandmother was Elizabeth Finney,her father was John and mother Sarah Ann Ashton. Anyone come across these names they lived in the Manchester and Salford area. Regards Ann

Hi welcome to the forum, have you got any dates for the above named Finney/Ashton relatives, this would help.
I Started Out with Nothing and I Still Got Most of It Left

mrseddie

« Reply #21 on: 08:55:34, 20/07/15 »
Hi Hideaway, Elizabeth was born in 1851 Manchester bapt St Matthew's 27th July.
In 1861 Elizabeth is with her mother and bro Wm 7 who has remarried in 1859 to George Clark (Lancs BMD) Little John St. 1871 Bury St Salford with 5 Clarke kiddies.
I hope this helps Ann with her research.
Mrseddie