Author Topic: St Josephs technical high Longsight  (Read 49855 times)

Hopeful

Re: St Josephs technical high Longsight
« Reply #150 on: 18:38:03, 19/03/18 »
I was at St Joseph's 1958-1964. I have been to the  reunions At St Margaret Mary's in Moston organised by Christine Hession. I am still in contact with a few others from  my year. I am hoping to go to the mass on Saturday i'm not expecting to know anyone!!. I was Pat Gleaves.

chrissyb

« Reply #151 on: 18:51:48, 19/03/18 »
Hi Pat

You might  know my sister Patricia who was at the school but left the year I started as she is five years older than me.  Her name is Patricia nee Royle.  I have been to the reunions that Christine Hesssion organised at St. Margaret Mary's in Moston.  I will look out for you on Saturday, Patricia can't make it but I will be with Shelagh Kelly and Sharon Burke and Colette Madders.  Hope to see you there.

Hopeful

« Reply #152 on: 19:07:33, 19/03/18 »
Hi Christine
Yes I know Pat we meet up quite often. I have been in touch and I know she can't make it. Hope to see you Saturday

Michelle Ginger

« Reply #153 on: 08:52:30, 24/03/18 »

Saturday, 24th March 2018
Road Closure at Burnage Lane
Some attending the Mass for St Joseph's 12Noon, 24th March 2018 at St Bernard's, Burnage Lane will need to take account of diversions in place that affect access to St Bernard's Church.

Early arrivals can wait in the Church Hall or in the Church.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Every blessing,

Michelle

tedygirl54

« Reply #154 on: 18:19:35, 04/04/18 »
           Hi, I`m looking to connect with any of the girls who were at school with me between 1961 and 1968. My name was Christine Larkin, and I would love to know if any of my classmates are on social media. I was in St Winifred`s, St. Hilda`s, St Gabriel`s, St Magdalen`s, St Elizabeth`s, St Vincent`s and St Louise`s classes up the school.

The head girl in my last year was Carmel Kelly, and I remember a few names; Winifred Greenwood, Sheila O`Reilly, Patricia Connell, Patricia O`Connor, Olivia Fokuoh, Margaret Skalka, Elizabeth Milligan, Christine Willis (who was an absolute whizz at typing and shorthand...she had phenomenal speeds at both!)  Are any of you out there?

Christine Hession

« Reply #155 on: 18:11:39, 13/04/18 »
Hi Chris, it is ,Christine Hession, Willis when at school.  Our group from 6th year meet for lunch about every three months and we eere talking about you at the last meal.

I would love to get in touch with you.

tedygirl54

« Reply #156 on: 01:34:21, 14/04/18 »
Hi, Chris! Wow, this is great.  It`s lovely to make contact with you. And meeting up sounds brilliant, although I will have to make arrangements to be able to meet up with you, since I have lived in Surrey since 1972 (and before that, in London, when I was at college where I met my husband) This is only a short note because I found this rather late (1.25 a.m.) and can hardly see the keyboard. Tomorrow, I will write a longer post, and you can tell me all about the group who meet up. So many years!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Best wishes,  Chrissie MacAlister

tedygirl54

« Reply #157 on: 19:06:49, 14/04/18 »
           Hi Christine, now that I have time to write, I find myself strangely at a loss. How to sum up the last 50 years in a few lines of type? Especially in a public space.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I was married for 40 years, and lost my husband Michael, almost 6 years ago. I have 3 children, 10 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren. I am useless with computers (my kids despair!) I don`t drive (terror-stricken behind the wheel, like a deer in headlights!) and I have weird interests for a 68 year-old granny.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I remember a lot of faces from school, if not names... especially surnames. My kids are all in their 40s and still get mad when I mix up their names! I`ve not had much of a career; family circumstances made that too problematic, but I really wouldn`t change a thing.                                                                                                                 

Christine Hession

« Reply #158 on: 20:55:04, 16/04/18 »
Dear Chris

can't seem to send you a reply.  I read you reply to me but can't answer it.  Can you ring me on 07932995499

Chris

tedygirl54

« Reply #159 on: 21:00:01, 16/04/18 »
Will do. In about half an hour?

Paul160473

« Reply #160 on: 23:57:17, 24/08/18 »
Hi i went to st Joseph's 1958-64 and my name was Valerie Gent. My best friends were Rose O'Neill, Tina and Yvonne Smith and Joan Cunliffe. Would love to hear from any of you.

Paul160473

« Reply #161 on: 18:35:22, 26/08/18 »
Hi Pat, you are the only one I have found who attended the same years as I did. I'm sure your name sounds familiar and I had such an unusual surname, I'm hoping there is someone out there who will remember ne.

Here's hoping.