Author Topic: St Josephs technical high Longsight  (Read 72121 times)

Murf56

Re: St Josephs technical high Longsight
« Reply #180 on: 12:42:47, 03/04/20 »
Hi ladies,  So glad I found this page.  The world has stopped and so I have time to reminice and I have been trying to contact some of my school pals.  I was at St Josephs from around 1967 to 1972 ish?    I was in Mercy House.  My time there I had great friends,  Patsy O`Niel, Julie Hinks, Diane & Marie Leslie, Sheila Roberts, Marion Brady, Ann Welch, Denise Caddick, Anne Doyle, Anne Welch, Charmainen (Kim) Willis, Bernardette Butcher, Lynda Meackin, AnneMarie Conway, Carol Twigg, Sheila Rushe, ................   Yep dont know what I did yesterday but I do remember our class.  Miss Hull was a great teacher to us.  We all loved her.   Our head mistress was sister margaret.  We had sister Joseph for religion, she was as mad as a box of frogs.   Lots of wonderful memoreies.   Miss Connor for housecraft, its all coming back. Anyway, it would be lovely to hear from any of our class.  Take care in these scary times ladies.    Jane Lewis (Murphy) O0

Michelle Ginger

« Reply #181 on: 02:02:31, 09/04/20 »
Wow! Miss Hull, used to teach typing, shorthand and all kinds of marvellous secretarial skills.
What a blast from the past to hear her name?

I wonder where she is now? She must have been young in the early 1970s and still there in the 1980's when I was there.
Even in the 1990s when the school was near to finishing altogether. She was still there when my brother was there in its new life as St Vincent de Paul RC High School, Denison Road, Victoria Park, the school that came from the merger of St Joseph's Girls' and St Pius X Boys.

All that remains of it school-wise is St Peter's, Kirkmanshulme Lane.
https://www.stpetershigh.com/

Maureen

« Reply #182 on: 01:02:52, 22/07/20 »
Hello everyone. I have been trying to locate the whereabouts of my best friend at St. Joseph's. We were there from 1965 to 1970. We kept in touch for a while after we left school, but lost touch after l got married. Val was originally from Blackley and moved to Crumpsall at some point after leaving school. I have been looking for her for many years and searched all social media with no success😔Does anyone know her?🤔 She will be 66 now as our birthdays were within one day of each other😃My name was Maureen Callaghan back then😃

Incidentally, l have a St Joseph's Technical High school for girls FB group if anyone would like to join us!!! It's easy to find on FB 😁

Parky

« Reply #183 on: 06:51:44, 22/07/20 »
Hello everyone. I have been trying to locate the whereabouts of my best friend at St. Joseph's. We were there from 1965 to 1970. We kept in touch for a while after we left school, but lost touch after l got married. Val was originally from Blackley and moved to Crumpsall at some point after leaving school. I have been looking for her for many years and searched all social media with no success😔Does anyone know her?🤔 She will be 66 now as our birthdays were within one day of each other😃My name was Maureen Callaghan back then😃

Incidentally, l have a St Joseph's Technical High school for girls FB group if anyone would like to join us!!! It's easy to find on FB 😁
I take it you donít know her maiden name?

Maureen

« Reply #184 on: 17:07:44, 22/07/20 »
I take it you donít know her maiden name?
Oops!! Thank you, l forgot to add it in!!! She is Valerie Anne Madden😁

Maureen

« Reply #185 on: 17:17:14, 22/07/20 »
Hello again!!! Here is the link to the St Jodephs Facebook group if any past pupils would like to join😃https://www.facebook.com/groups/779279132227937/?ref=share