Author Topic: St Josephs technical high Longsight  (Read 96818 times)

Hopeful

Re: St Josephs technical high Longsight
« Reply #150 on: 18:38:03, 19/03/18 »
I was at St Joseph's 1958-1964. I have been to the  reunions At St Margaret Mary's in Moston organised by Christine Hession. I am still in contact with a few others from  my year. I am hoping to go to the mass on Saturday i'm not expecting to know anyone!!. I was Pat Gleaves.

chrissyb

« Reply #151 on: 18:51:48, 19/03/18 »
Hi Pat

You might  know my sister Patricia who was at the school but left the year I started as she is five years older than me.  Her name is Patricia nee Royle.  I have been to the reunions that Christine Hesssion organised at St. Margaret Mary's in Moston.  I will look out for you on Saturday, Patricia can't make it but I will be with Shelagh Kelly and Sharon Burke and Colette Madders.  Hope to see you there.

Hopeful

« Reply #152 on: 19:07:33, 19/03/18 »
Hi Christine
Yes I know Pat we meet up quite often. I have been in touch and I know she can't make it. Hope to see you Saturday

Michelle Ginger

« Reply #153 on: 08:52:30, 24/03/18 »

Saturday, 24th March 2018
Road Closure at Burnage Lane
Some attending the Mass for St Joseph's 12Noon, 24th March 2018 at St Bernard's, Burnage Lane will need to take account of diversions in place that affect access to St Bernard's Church.

Early arrivals can wait in the Church Hall or in the Church.
Looking forward to seeing you.
Every blessing,

Michelle

tedygirl54

« Reply #154 on: 18:19:35, 04/04/18 »
           Hi, I`m looking to connect with any of the girls who were at school with me between 1961 and 1968. My name was Christine Larkin, and I would love to know if any of my classmates are on social media. I was in St Winifred`s, St. Hilda`s, St Gabriel`s, St Magdalen`s, St Elizabeth`s, St Vincent`s and St Louise`s classes up the school.

The head girl in my last year was Carmel Kelly, and I remember a few names; Winifred Greenwood, Sheila O`Reilly, Patricia Connell, Patricia O`Connor, Olivia Fokuoh, Margaret Skalka, Elizabeth Milligan, Christine Willis (who was an absolute whizz at typing and shorthand...she had phenomenal speeds at both!)  Are any of you out there?

Christine Hession

« Reply #155 on: 18:11:39, 13/04/18 »
Hi Chris, it is ,Christine Hession, Willis when at school.  Our group from 6th year meet for lunch about every three months and we eere talking about you at the last meal.

I would love to get in touch with you.

tedygirl54

« Reply #156 on: 01:34:21, 14/04/18 »
Hi, Chris! Wow, this is great.  It`s lovely to make contact with you. And meeting up sounds brilliant, although I will have to make arrangements to be able to meet up with you, since I have lived in Surrey since 1972 (and before that, in London, when I was at college where I met my husband) This is only a short note because I found this rather late (1.25 a.m.) and can hardly see the keyboard. Tomorrow, I will write a longer post, and you can tell me all about the group who meet up. So many years!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Best wishes,  Chrissie MacAlister

tedygirl54

« Reply #157 on: 19:06:49, 14/04/18 »
           Hi Christine, now that I have time to write, I find myself strangely at a loss. How to sum up the last 50 years in a few lines of type? Especially in a public space.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          I was married for 40 years, and lost my husband Michael, almost 6 years ago. I have 3 children, 10 grandchildren, and 4 great-grandchildren. I am useless with computers (my kids despair!) I don`t drive (terror-stricken behind the wheel, like a deer in headlights!) and I have weird interests for a 68 year-old granny.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I remember a lot of faces from school, if not names... especially surnames. My kids are all in their 40s and still get mad when I mix up their names! I`ve not had much of a career; family circumstances made that too problematic, but I really wouldn`t change a thing.                                                                                                                 

Christine Hession

« Reply #158 on: 20:55:04, 16/04/18 »
Dear Chris

can't seem to send you a reply.  I read you reply to me but can't answer it.  Can you ring me on 07932995499

Chris

tedygirl54

« Reply #159 on: 21:00:01, 16/04/18 »
Will do. In about half an hour?

Paul160473

« Reply #160 on: 23:57:17, 24/08/18 »
Hi i went to st Joseph's 1958-64 and my name was Valerie Gent. My best friends were Rose O'Neill, Tina and Yvonne Smith and Joan Cunliffe. Would love to hear from any of you.

Paul160473

« Reply #161 on: 18:35:22, 26/08/18 »
Hi Pat, you are the only one I have found who attended the same years as I did. I'm sure your name sounds familiar and I had such an unusual surname, I'm hoping there is someone out there who will remember ne.

Here's hoping.

HolyNameResearch

« Reply #162 on: 13:52:55, 08/02/19 »
Hi MG

It was Kevin Kilduff who married Marian, they lived in Marple for a time, in the 70s,
he drove a big american car

Gosh coincidences, I lived in C-0n-M.
On Lloyd St.  I went to the Holy Name until 1960 ish
then I went to St Edwards & St Kentigerns,
because I moved to Rusholme!!!
Amazing

come on more.................

Maggi, would you be interested in sharing any memories you have of Holy Name? If so, please have a look at the recent post about the Holy Name Church on this forum.
Thanks, Lauren :)

Michelle Ginger

« Reply #163 on: 08:36:23, 21/02/19 »
Annual Reunion Mass
for Staff, Alumni, their families and friends of St Joseph's RC Technical High School, Laindon Rd, Victoria Park, Manchester 14

Held at:
St Bernard's RC Church
Burnage Lane
Manchester
M19 1DR

Saturday, 23 March 2019
11 am Confessions & Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
12 Noon Mass
Refreshments after in the parish hall.

At the event, there will be a collection for the parish and hospitality. There is no obligation to contribute though donations most welcome.
We wish to help cover parish costs of hospitality, running the event and make an offering for the souls of living and deceased past staff, pupils, family and friends of St Joseph's RC High School, Laindon Road.

We are most grateful to the people of the parish of St Bernard of Clairvaux, especially Mgr Michael Kujacz, Parish Priest, for hosting us for our third successive year. We have much gratitude for the provision of the venue, music, flowers, people of the parish with whom we celebrate the beautiful grace of the sacrifice of the Mass.

Some of us split into groups and go on to lunch after if the mood is so inclined. Should you be minded to come do bring your pocket money.

Last thing... at successive Masses everyone asks about the school hymn to St Joseph. If you have it please can you post it on this website? We need the lyrics and the music. We would like to have it ahead of time to give notice to the organist to practice it.

Every blessing and Conserva Fidem (Keep the Faith)
« Last Edit: 08:57:57, 21/02/19 by Michelle Ginger »

Hopeful

« Reply #164 on: 12:09:09, 20/03/19 »
We sang the school hymn at the reunions at St Margaret Mary's which were organised by Christine Hession. She might be able to help.