Author Topic: St Josephs technical high Longsight  (Read 58351 times)

Michelle Ginger

Re: St Josephs technical high Longsight
« Reply #165 on: 16:13:08, 26/03/19 »
Wasn't it great at St Bernard's, 23 March 2019? Lovely homily by Father. Everyone was so pleased to see everyone who came. We are hoping for the same time, same place 2020, 149 years since the school was established in 1871. If it goes ahead, the Mass will be Saturday, 21 March 2019. The year 2021 will be a jubilee year of 150 years 1871 - 2021. We didn't get the music for the school hymn but our girls sang it acapella, and very nicely too!

Keep the Faith

Sewit

« Reply #166 on: 12:47:13, 22/05/19 »
I was at St Joseph's 1958-1964. I have been to the  reunions At St Margaret Mary's in Moston organised by Christine Hession. I am still in contact with a few others from  my year. I am hoping to go to the mass on Saturday i'm not expecting to know anyone!!. I was Pat Gleaves.

Hello Hopeful, I wonder if our paths crossed during that time though I might have been a year ahead of you I started in 1957 and left in 1964. My name is Pat Neild and I played netball and rounders primarily with Margaret Spooner and Mary Verity. I live in Oz so am a long way form reunions . hope I hear back form anyonw who may remember me   :smitten:

Sewit

« Reply #167 on: 12:59:31, 22/05/19 »
Hi Maggi
I remember Miss Verity, or was it Mrs. Verity.  She used to be Miss Spooner and then married, and her name changed to Verity, can't remember whether she used Miss or Mrs.  Do you remember those horrible old fashioned bottle green shorts we had to wear for PE.
I remember Mrs. O'Reilly.
Was you told about the ghost story in the attic of the Domestic Science Rooms?
Estar

Hi Estar  It's a while since you posted htis but I have only just found the forum soI hope you are still contributing .You sound as though you may have been around during my years at Joeys. All the teac hers were my teachers. Some of the girls I was with were Eileen Mulryan,Colette Harding, Anne Griffin, Frances Rocca,  the Clarke sisters and a few more.  Im not sure if I can post pictures to the page but I do have some if anyone is interested in them. Look forwar to any replies if these names ring a bell and my name is Pat neild and I had a sister Barbara in the school 3 years behind me.

anglo1

« Reply #168 on: 21:42:01, 10/06/19 »
Does anyone remember Jane Mullen? She was a neighbour of mine on North Road Longsight, she went there probably between 1974 and 1978?
Thanks

Barryfrecy

St Josephs technical high Longsight
« Reply #169 on: 23:41:10, 12/07/19 »
Yes, but that would be one big corral, Sam.

Maybe it was an early WPA project?