Author Topic: St Josephs technical high Longsight  (Read 96810 times)

Murf56

Re: St Josephs technical high Longsight
« Reply #180 on: 12:42:47, 03/04/20 »
Hi ladies,  So glad I found this page.  The world has stopped and so I have time to reminice and I have been trying to contact some of my school pals.  I was at St Josephs from around 1967 to 1972 ish?    I was in Mercy House.  My time there I had great friends,  Patsy O`Niel, Julie Hinks, Diane & Marie Leslie, Sheila Roberts, Marion Brady, Ann Welch, Denise Caddick, Anne Doyle, Anne Welch, Charmainen (Kim) Willis, Bernardette Butcher, Lynda Meackin, AnneMarie Conway, Carol Twigg, Sheila Rushe, ................   Yep dont know what I did yesterday but I do remember our class.  Miss Hull was a great teacher to us.  We all loved her.   Our head mistress was sister margaret.  We had sister Joseph for religion, she was as mad as a box of frogs.   Lots of wonderful memoreies.   Miss Connor for housecraft, its all coming back. Anyway, it would be lovely to hear from any of our class.  Take care in these scary times ladies.    Jane Lewis (Murphy) O0

Michelle Ginger

« Reply #181 on: 02:02:31, 09/04/20 »
Wow! Miss Hull, used to teach typing, shorthand and all kinds of marvellous secretarial skills.
What a blast from the past to hear her name?

I wonder where she is now? She must have been young in the early 1970s and still there in the 1980's when I was there.
Even in the 1990s when the school was near to finishing altogether. She was still there when my brother was there in its new life as St Vincent de Paul RC High School, Denison Road, Victoria Park, the school that came from the merger of St Joseph's Girls' and St Pius X Boys.

All that remains of it school-wise is St Peter's, Kirkmanshulme Lane.
https://www.stpetershigh.com/

Maureen

« Reply #182 on: 01:02:52, 22/07/20 »
Hello everyone. I have been trying to locate the whereabouts of my best friend at St. Joseph's. We were there from 1965 to 1970. We kept in touch for a while after we left school, but lost touch after l got married. Val was originally from Blackley and moved to Crumpsall at some point after leaving school. I have been looking for her for many years and searched all social media with no success😔Does anyone know her?🤔 She will be 66 now as our birthdays were within one day of each other😃My name was Maureen Callaghan back then😃

Incidentally, l have a St Joseph's Technical High school for girls FB group if anyone would like to join us!!! It's easy to find on FB 😁

Parky

« Reply #183 on: 06:51:44, 22/07/20 »
Hello everyone. I have been trying to locate the whereabouts of my best friend at St. Joseph's. We were there from 1965 to 1970. We kept in touch for a while after we left school, but lost touch after l got married. Val was originally from Blackley and moved to Crumpsall at some point after leaving school. I have been looking for her for many years and searched all social media with no success😔Does anyone know her?🤔 She will be 66 now as our birthdays were within one day of each other😃My name was Maureen Callaghan back then😃

Incidentally, l have a St Joseph's Technical High school for girls FB group if anyone would like to join us!!! It's easy to find on FB 😁
I take it you don’t know her maiden name?

Maureen

« Reply #184 on: 17:07:44, 22/07/20 »
I take it you don’t know her maiden name?
Oops!! Thank you, l forgot to add it in!!! She is Valerie Anne Madden😁

Maureen

« Reply #185 on: 17:17:14, 22/07/20 »
Hello again!!! Here is the link to the St Jodephs Facebook group if any past pupils would like to join😃https://www.facebook.com/groups/779279132227937/?ref=share

Jackie

« Reply #186 on: 09:12:31, 21/01/21 »
Just found this site looking for school reunions. I attended 1963 to 1970. St Winifred St Hildas St Gabriel's St Vincent St Magdalen. I saw there is a reunion yearly at St Bernards in Burnage. I would love to attend should there be another. I am in toucj with 2 classmates one recently moved to Didsbury. I no longer live in the area and now my family are no longer here do not visit very often. I used to live coming back shopping in Manchester. Been reading forum and remember so many of teachers names and nuns too. I was Jackie Seem then. Came to school from St Anthony's in wythenshawe.
Moved after school to Jersey. Remember bumping into Shelagh Kelly there one night old classmate many moons ago.
 Love to hear from anyone

Maureen

« Reply #187 on: 14:27:35, 21/01/21 »
Hello Jackie lovely to see your message. I attened 1965 to 1970 l was Maureen Callaghan back then :) I don't think too many people follow this thread now, but l occasionally pop on to see what's new. It was lovely to see all the comments on here. I opened a St Joseph's Technical High school for girls Facebook group and we have 450 past pupils on there now if you would like to join us. The link to the page is below:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/779279132227937/?ref=share

Hope to see you in our St Joseph's group Jackie😃

Michelle Ginger

« Reply #188 on: 14:11:35, 14/02/22 »
Happy St Valentine's Day Everyone :smitten:

Good news! The Annual Reunion Mass for St Joseph's Laindon Road is to be held at St Bernard, Burnage, notice below.

Very many thanks to Parish Priest St Bernard Burnage, Mgr Michael Kujacz for hosting us once more and for both Masses said in the pandemic years 2020 and 2021 on the Feast of St Joseph. Please pray for Mgr Kujacz and Fr John Coe who have offered Mass online every day possible in these challenging times

Valentine's Day Blessings!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annual Reunion Mass offered for living and deceased Staff, Friends, Alumni and their families,
St Joseph's RC Technical High School
Laindon Rd
Victoria Park
Manchester M14 5DP

If you went to the school, this is for you to come and celebrate our part in Manchester's history 1871 - 1985.

Saturday, 19 March 2022 Feast of St Joseph
11 am Confessions & Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
12 Noon Mass

Tea and Coffee after in the parish hall
St Bernard's RC Church
Burnage Lane
M19 1DR

Mass will be livestreamed on YouTube on St Bernard Parish YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_66__7JW_c
« Last Edit: 14:37:14, 14/02/22 by Michelle Ginger »

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: 14:31:38, 14/02/22 »
Happy Valentine's Day  :smitten:

ok next year then O0 8)
« Last Edit: 14:54:19, 14/02/22 by celeste »
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Michelle Ginger

« Reply #190 on: 15:20:43, 14/02/22 »
Please pray for the repose of the soul of Rita Mary Baldwin Johnson who died Sunday, 30th June 2019.

She was the final headmistress of St Joseph's Technical High School, supervising its closure and amalgamation with St Pius X RC High School for Boys, Denison Road, Victoria Park in 1985. The amalgamated school became St Vincent de Paul RC High School, opening 1985 with Mrs Johnson as Headteacher. She was a Manchester Notre Dame Grammar School Alumnus.

I am sorry to be three years late with this news, though I only found out 9 Feb 2022. May she rest in peace where the angels rise to greet her.

https://funeral-notices.co.uk/notice/JOHNSON/4734567

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7mM_zqapA

Hopeful

« Reply #191 on: 15:52:02, 19/02/23 »
Will there be a reunion this year?

Maureen

« Reply #192 on: 16:04:34, 19/02/23 »
Hello Hopeful. I posted an enquiry here yesterday to see if anyone knew this year's date for the annual reunion mass. I also messaged Michelle Ginger as she usually puts the details on here. Fingers crossed 🤞

Hopeful

« Reply #193 on: 16:18:27, 19/02/23 »
I noticed that you put a post on Manchester Chat so I put a post on here. I am a member of the Facebook group (Pat Hope)

Maureen

« Reply #194 on: 16:51:22, 19/02/23 »
Hi Pat (Hopeful). Thank you, it's me,  Maureen, Facebook administrator 😁Hopefully someone will come back to us with a date🙏