Author Topic: MANCHESTER RESIDENTS NEEDED!!!  (Read 1179 times)

undergrad

MANCHESTER RESIDENTS NEEDED!!!
« on: 18:18:21, 06/02/11 »
Hi everyone!
I am a final year film and media studies student at Manchester Metropolitan university, currently completing my dissertation. I am looking for volunteers from the city, who wouldn't mind sharing stories with me or even being photographed.
A little about the project....I am completing a photography dissertation, which means I take lots of photographs, and then write an accompanying essay to back up the idea. I am focusing on psychogeography,which explores how humans interact with urban landscapes. I would be happy to chat about it more and go into more detail if anyone would like to contact me!
Right now, I am looking for people of any age/gender/race, to recall moments in the city where something memorable has happened to them (big or small)...some examples being 'this bus shelter is where I first met my now husband" or..."this junction is where I was hit by a car and broke my arm". These are dramatic examples, but I would be thrilled to hear of anything as simple as"this park bench is where I decided to quit my job and search for something more fulfilling" these are off the top of my head and I am sure some of you lot have some more interesting and unusual happenings to describe!
At this point I realise that not everyone will want to be photographed, but if you can think of a emotional memory involving an area in Manchester, then please do post it here as it will go a long way to inspire me and build my research file!
Thanks for reading  :)
xxxxx