Author Topic: Old Schools!  (Read 88479 times)

Angie

Re: Old Schools!
« Reply #135 on: 00:15:50, 21/01/14 »
I havent thank you will go have a look tomorrow
I found my old house and the bridge over the railway to the path that used to walk down to school and also where it used to be on google maps but its now houses, shame as remembering it a bit it was a old building and at least had some charactor

bodzy

« Reply #136 on: 21:02:54, 30/01/14 »
y ou certainly have, i would love to go on that ferry, i got a whole lot of bumph from British Waterways once as i was thinking of buying a boat and sailing down the Bridgewater Canal, and they gave me a map, i wonder if Cadishead was on it , shall have to dig it out, i bet you know some of the people in Lymm

I lived in Partington in the 80's and we used to get the ferry from there , it was like a rowing boat with an engine but it took us to the pub and back and that saved us the long road back through Lymm toll bridge

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: 16:56:36, 31/01/14 »
There are so many pubs in Lymm, which one (or two ;) ) was it?
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

metrolivia

« Reply #138 on: 20:03:52, 01/02/14 »
I attended several schools in Manchester but by far the most interesting was Manchester Central High School for Girls now MANCAT college. Overlooking Sackville Gardens.   I attended from 1970 to beginning of 1971 when Mrs Wilde was Head.
« Last Edit: 20:10:14, 01/02/14 by metrolivia »

Spacey

« Reply #139 on: 22:48:11, 30/12/19 »
Hi. I went to Plant Hill when I was younger. I grew up in Blackley, them moved to Collyhurst and finally Miles Platting. I'm actually trying to find something out and was reading the comments about the Hughes family from miles Platting /Ancoats and that's my Mums family name. I'm not sure what age Terry girl is so not sure if she would have known my mum, but my mum had 7 siblings who could be who you're talking about. Kevin, Myrna, Carol, Geoff, Jackie, Ricky, and Karen. My Nanna and Grandad lived on Old Mill St. Or it may be my cousins who you remember but tbh there's only 4 boys so might not be them. They are called Kevin, Karl, Stephen and Geoffrey Hughes. I hope it's the same family who you knew. It's good to remember them. I lost my mum over 20 yrs ago now, she was only 37 and sadly Geoff, Jackie and my unlcle Kevin have passed now. But Ricky is in Oz and my auntie Karen is still in M/P.
I don't know what year I was at plant hill as the maths teacher was rubbish and would lock me in a cupboard for the full hour of maths rather than let me ask questions more than once, which I had to do to try and understand maths, hence why I'm so bad with numbers etc now but I was born in 71 and I'm 48 now ( I think) 😂. So could have been there at the same time as you was.. I was in Mr Sutton and Mrs Goldberg class for a couple of yrs, don't know which ones, but if you was there at the same time, please get in touch if you was there at same time as I'd love your help with some criminal activities that went on at school that have had lasting impressions on my life and I don't think it's right that I should just let them get away with it. I have already got a lawyer (family member) and they think I should continue and I've managed to get a few witnesses from back then to back me up and have independently written down what they saw and I'm going to do something about it. If it was today and a teacher did today what was done to me it would be headline news.
Thank you for listening and hopefully I helped you with your query and maybe someone else can help back me up, if you remember me.

lozflan

« Reply #140 on: 09:36:29, 31/12/19 »
Good when old posters are dug up [not literally] sadly have all dropped out?.Who was Luna?. Mary from Chads,I thought the church owned the adjoining houses. Mary Kelly,Irish dancing teacher,lived in one.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

Ian Scott

« Reply #141 on: 13:13:05, 18/02/20 »
I went to Newton Heath Technical College between 1960 and 1963 anybody out there went at the same time ?  Ian Scott

GladysMiller

« Reply #142 on: 22:43:49, 25/02/20 »
Sorry, I didn’t go to either of these schools. I went to Ashton Old Road Primary School, headmaster Mr Jarman, and Ardwick Technical High school, headmaster Mr. Woodhead. My name was Gladys Miller. It was changed to Doney in 1968 when I got married then after a few years I changed my first name to Anne.

Parky

« Reply #143 on: 23:10:58, 25/02/20 »
I went to Newton Heath Technical College between 1960 and 1963 anybody out there went at the same time ?  Ian Scott
I was there for a very short time late 66

texasandwicket

« Reply #144 on: 16:38:17, 03/05/20 »
Does anyone remember St Mary's school levenshulme. I went there from 1945-1955. The head mistress was miss Hayes, Frank Doyle took us for football on cringle fields. Pleased to here from anyone who remembers me Jack Belton Livesey street.

Hello Jack,
Frank Doyle is my granddad. He moved to Canada to teach in 1963. Brings great joy to my heart to hear of your memories.
Tricia

Cherry

« Reply #145 on: 23:12:56, 18/05/20 »
I thought it would be interesting if we all posted where we went to school in Manchester! Here's a photo of my old primary school (courtesy Manchester Archives) It looks like it was a cold and frosty morning...just right for making 'slurs' in the playground!! :o
Elsie

Cherry

« Reply #146 on: 23:17:14, 18/05/20 »
Hi.i am new on here.I went to St. Stephens school in Chorlton on Medlock in 1958/59.I lived at 2 The Avenue with my sisters Lena and Helen Cherry and my brother Alec Cherry. Sadly we left in 1964 and moved to Fleetwood. Would be nice to hear from anyone who remembers us. Elsie
Elsie

daftharry

« Reply #147 on: 22:42:21, 29/06/20 »
Just a note:Everyone is born right-handed only the gifted overcome it O0

daftharry

« Reply #148 on: 05:28:53, 10/07/20 »
I entered Lily lane Primary School in 1944 and left in 1947.Does anybody remember Mrs.Hatton (Junior 1 1946) :smitten: