Author Topic: St Patrick's RC School - Collyhurst.  (Read 19248 times)

Dor

Re: St Patrick's RC School - Collyhurst.
« Reply #15 on: 15:48:10, 18/08/12 »
Found this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Clitherow

Thank you for that Celeste, She was indeed a brave woman .They crushed her to death and then they cut off her hand ...you can see the house (the Shambles) and her hand at the  museum in  York.
'I am such a bloody talented guy. I might go into painting or something"
AF

ardwickboy

« Reply #16 on: 22:01:27, 21/08/16 »
Hi. My father, John Costello, attended St Pat's from 1955-1965. He remembers some of the teachers as Mr Cassidy, Mr Goggins and Mr McBreen. Does anyone remember him from this time. He originally lived on Slater Street (now doesn't exist) - and so did his Grandmother, Catherine O'Shea. A Mrs Trulio also lived in the area. Anyone who recalls him - get in touch. Thanks.
Hi Dan, I remember your father because I was in the same class as him in the 60's. He was quite tall if I remember rightly.
Paul Hurdsfield........I recall the name but I cannot put a face to it.

lozflan

« Reply #17 on: 10:23:11, 22/08/16 »
St Pats and St Malachies ? were football rivals of St Chads. That was the only sport we had.
Politicians and nappies must be changed often,and for the same reason

zenaonexxx123

« Reply #18 on: 18:17:10, 15/04/18 »
He remembers some of the teachers as Mr Cassidy, Mr Goggins[/size]

Hi Dan,

Michael Finnerty here,lived Naylor st Flat  close to the Navigation,[/size]

Your dad his name is familiar  ,I did attend St Pats around this time 67 now Mr Cassidy and Mr Goggins(club foot) was in charge I left around  1965/6 

a couple of mate Paul Dowland Anthony Carey ,may have been in the same class as your Dad

Any how ,I am happy to chat on here about ST Patrick's days gone  etc,

I live Southsea Portsmouth ,my finnerty family live failsworth

hope you can understand my email,eye sight crap

give your dad
O0 my best regards

VBR

MIKE
« Last Edit: 18:21:57, 15/04/18 by zenaonexxx123 »

briggsy

« Reply #19 on: 14:09:27, 30/04/18 »
does anyone know of Maureen Quigley who used to go to St Pats in Collyhurst, she used to live on the same street has the Pub that was on the corner on Rochdale road but then moved to Moston Lane area . Alan

briggsy

« Reply #20 on: 12:55:49, 10/09/18 »
still waiting for a reply regards Mauureen Quigley who went to St pats Collyhurst   :)  any info please reply

Al

« Reply #21 on: 09:41:13, 28/08/23 »
Just joined up, I was at St pats till around 1969 1970, remember gogging well, used to get the greenflash slipper of him on backside, vaguely remember costello, does anyone remember the woman teacher who had that strap with 3 tails on, used to make sure it went round your wrists , I pass livened Street now and again, good to see the church still stands.