Author Topic: Openshaw Technical High School  (Read 11850 times)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Re: Openshaw Technical High School
« Reply #15 on: 18:52:54, 18/08/20 »
Hi ladies, you can send each other personal messages on here to begin with

Celeste
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Gordonv

« Reply #16 on: 13:17:20, 19/02/21 »
I went to this school after primary which was in 1965 ish until it closed so that must have been around 1968.
The school merged with Newton Heath high school and we went into the newly built Moston Brook high school.
I forgot most teachers names but from previous entries in this forum I recognised the head as being called the dome. How do folk remember these names!!!. We had a maths teacher called Pye which is about all I can remember really.
I am in touch with one of my best buddies from school on facebook but otherwise thats it. I am retired now and living comfortably in a semi rural village in Halifax.

Gordonv

« Reply #17 on: 13:23:06, 19/02/21 »
I got caught smoking behind the bike sheds and was sent to the headmasters office.Mr Organ said that smoking would turn me into a spineless jellyfish and addle my brain.When I pointed out that Mr Evans,the Physics teacher never had a cig out of his mouth he got a bit upset and suspended me for two days as "punishment"Happy days. :)

I remember that smoking behind the bike sheds. We sometimes used to climb the wall behind the bike sheds on to the station platform to wag of the last couple of lessons..  :-\