Author Topic: Manchester U & C out...  (Read 7518 times)

Cupcake

Re: Manchester U & C out...
« Reply #15 on: 18:35:22, 13/05/12 »
I didn't see him, but with 90 seconds on the clock at the Etihad, he had his hand on the trophy, so it must have been absolutely gut-wrenching.  Losing in the last possible minute of the season on goal difference is a real stinker..... I did see Mancini, who looked completely stunned, trying to string a sentence together and needing a few goes.   ;D

I'm struggling now.  Don't like Chelsea; can't stand Harry Redknapp (totally irrational loathing, he makes me feel queasy and I don't know why).  Do I want Chelsea to win and deprive him of his place in Europe?   Or do I want to see Chelsea lose if it means he gets in?  Lose-lose for me, that one!!  :-\
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: 18:43:13, 13/05/12 »
Spurs are 4th, beat Newcastle by one point, Chelsea are 4points behind Newcastle but if they win the Champions Cup they will automatically qualify  :-\
Sparky's QPR stay up - Bolton join Blackburn and Wolves in the relegation zone
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Cupcake

« Reply #17 on: 11:26:05, 14/05/12 »
Yeah, a win for Chelsea would put Harry out of the big European stuff, but they'd get in instead.  I don't want either!  ;D  I would have loved to see Newcastle finish fourth and Chelsea lose....

Credit to Arsenal; after the start they had to the season they've done well to clamber back to third place. Arsene Whinger isn't my cup of tea, but you've got to respect the way he stuck it out.

Bolton almost did it - they led 2-1 at Stoke for a while, but they had to win to survive, the draw wasn't enough even though QPR lost.  :-\

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: 15:22:16, 14/05/12 »
What was it like when QPR fans realised they were saved, would love to have seen that :)

Arsene Wenger does moan a lot and I'm surprised no-one gets on his back like the way they with other teams.   I'm torn between wanting Chelsea to win the Cup and staying in the competition next year and wanting Spurs to be in it - maybe I'll put a bet on ;)
I'm due in the Chelsea and Kensington borough in July and would like to see happy faces

Cupcake

« Reply #19 on: 19:55:55, 14/05/12 »
All matches kick off the same time on the last day, so it would have been around about the 90 minute mark, as QPR were 2-1 up.  Of course, that meant that a good bit of the five minutes extra time, most of it courtesy of Joey Barton's antics, would then have been played with QPR knowing they were safe, possibly distracted......

Have you seen Mr Barton's Twitter tale?  He now says that Tevez started it AND that his subsequent vicious kick at Aguero and attempt to headbutt Kompany were not temper, but a cold and deliberate attempt to get a City player sent off to even things on the pitch.   Then he started on Alan Shearer, calling him all kinds of names and ranting away about wearing nicer shirts and having better hair than Shearer.....  :o   The FA have charged him with two counts of violent conduct for the incidents after his red card, which fall outside the jurisdiction of the ref.  He could face a 10 match ban, but really, who wants him at all?  If you read his wikipedia entry, it looks like a police record - one long list of people he'[censored] and kicked. Half of them off the pitch too.  Some people shouldn't be allowed on the pitch if you ask me!  >:( 

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: 20:25:01, 14/05/12 »
I'm surprised he's still playing Mark Hughes isn't the type of person who will tolerate that sort of attitude for long ::)

Cupcake

« Reply #21 on: 23:15:54, 14/05/12 »
I don't know - they made him Captain knowing what he was like.  The trouble you have with players capable of the good stuff he can do is that they are priced out of the reach of clubs like QPR.  Along he comes and makes himself unemployable at the top of the League and so they get a bargain price on a serious asset.  They'll overlook a lot for that, I reckon.   I think anyone with a criminal record for violence should be automatically banned from football.     

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: 08:26:41, 15/05/12 »
There will always be excuses made for those sort of players, odd how they can control the ball but not themselves

Cupcake

« Reply #23 on: 13:35:45, 15/05/12 »
You see it everywhere - people with no safety catch on their temper, or egos so big they think they are above the rules.  Selfish, arrogant, horrible people exist in every profession.  When it comes to football though, the speed of the game and the level of fitness required to play in the top leagues is incredible, and one flash of temper from a thug like Barton can cripple a man/end a career.  That's before you even think about the damage you can do headbutting someone.   It's bloodcurdling that he says his attempts to headbutt Kompany were cold and calculated, just to even up numbers.  What kind of person do you have to be to smash a man's face for that?   The the FA should decide that he's had all his chances and nobody should have to face him on a pitch ever again.

But that's just me.  I also believe that cheats should be banned for life, no second chances.  I believe sport is about decency and honour and fair play, and anyone who fouls that should be ejected on the spot. 

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: 16:29:34, 16/05/12 »
Quote Cupcake:  I believe sport is about decency and honour and fair play, and anyone who fouls that should be ejected on the spot.   

To find a man with honour would be like finding water in the desert O0 :smitten:

Cupcake

« Reply #25 on: 22:07:23, 23/05/12 »
Well, there must be a couple there at the FA - they've banned Barton for 12 matches and fined him £75,000 too.  He's complaining that it's harsh - he acknowledges four for the red card and four for the kick on Aguero, but presumably thinks he shouldn't get further sanction for attempting to headbutt Kompany.  In the wonderful world of Mr Barton it obviously doesn't count if you only TRY to smash someone's face but are pulled away before you succeed......  :o

It remains to be seen what QPR decide to do.  I can't see Mark Hughes being a happy man, but it all depends on Barton's contract, I suppose.  I'd send him on free loan to Siberia FC.  ;D

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: 16:20:05, 24/05/12 »
He may lose the captaincy

Cupcake

« Reply #27 on: 15:57:31, 25/05/12 »
He is not in the 25  man squad named by QPR, so not only is he no longer the Captain, he will definitely not be playing at all for QPR next season.  He has to train with the reserves, and they are checking his contract to see if they can sack him - according to Dad's paper, anyway.  If they can't sack him, my prediction of free loan to Siberia FC may very well be a lot less funny than I intended!  :o

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: 17:55:05, 25/05/12 »
He's been banned for twelve games hasn't he?