Author Topic: Chic Taylor of The Bossa Nova Club, Todd Street, Manchester  (Read 15130 times)

TheOneUK

ADSUM

You may if you wish use any uploaded pics for cleanup,I really don't mind.In fact i appreciate the help,I'm good with easy touch up photos but not that good so cheers !

Great site great people great memories

ps i also remember Chic (Dad ) taking me to some place similar it might of even been the same place,I was very young and everyone there seemed to be grown up to me,I was hot sweating and looked forward to the cold shower,s and then relaxing with my gratefruit segs lol
.Oh the times eh ! 
Thanks so much for sharing the memories......I get a little choked still and after all these years

Don

Don TheOne

celeste

• Global Moderator
Hi Don,

Hope you're still doing fine

Celeste  :)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

TheOneUK

Hi Celeste

I am Good and all the more so for being able to share with like minded people.Great website and i am humbled by all your thoughts words and deeds.

Keep up the great work.Hope you are well and all is good for the people around you that you love and care for.

Don .. O0
Don TheOne

celeste

• Global Moderator
Thank you Don,

It's a pleasure to have you as a member and know that you are still looking in at us O0

bobbitaylor

roberta taylor

hi I asked for some information about my great granddad a few years ago and just totally forgot to reply or check if anyone had answered so if anyone had information message me on facebook - Roberta taylor because that's where im more likely to reply. thank u Roberta

celeste

• Global Moderator
Send a personal message to TheOneUK

Don is a relative

PinningtonJack

I went to the club a few times in the early 1960s with a friend who was a member. I remember being welcomed by Chic and paying him half a crown (?) and being signed in as a guest or temporary member. I have forgotten which. I remember the excitement as I went up the old stairs, before entering the club itself. My main reason for going, was to listen to a very good piano trio. I hope someone knows their names. I think the pianist was called Peter Day. The bass player, I seem to remember was called Brian. The drummer's name has gone, but I remember him being very young. Bennie was always there making sure we patronised the bar! They were happy days, or should I say nights.
cheers
Jack

celeste

• Global Moderator
Hi Jack,
Don, has put some great photos on previous page, his username TheONEuk,  send him a personal message, he may know the names of people in the photos

Celeste

craig

Hi everyone. I would , firstly like to thank all involved with the making and construction of this site. And secondly all those who have shared their thoughts and memories, and kind, fond words, and photos,regarding my father and Mother,  and my Fathers night club, the Bossanova. My name is Craig Leslie Fernandos Carlos Chic Taylor. I am the Second youngest son of Chic Taylor. I personally remember going into the club. Mainly on as Saturday afternoon. To supposedly help clean up etc. But due to all our young ages, we mainly messed around in there. And occasionally trued the beer pumps, when no one was looking. My first memories would have been when I was about 4-5 years of age. My father would take all the boys, to get our suits tailored. If I recall correctly, they were made at a taliors shop on Princess road, Moss Side. We also had our Cromby coats tailored there. My Father insisted on us all looking very smart, at all times.He would also take us all to the Ritz, quite regular. He, my Father also had a great deal to do with our local church, St Benedict's. Where I was an alter boy, as were some of my brothers. My Father arranged to build the first Church social club. This was, not only to offer support to the church. But it offered assistance to the whole neighbourhood.  We all went to the church social club most Sunday afternoons, after church services. My Father was a generous and kind man. He also had a very close friend called Ozzy. If any one knows of Ozzy please get in touch. I will sign off for now. But will be InTouch very soon. Thank you all, for keeping these memoris Alice. Kind regards Craig Taylor.

celeste

• Global Moderator
Wow Craig, great to hear from another brother and son of 'the one and only UK'

some fantastic photo put on by yourself and Adsum (he moved to Llandudno but anyone can send him a personal message from here)

I remember the name Roberta Taylor, great granddaughter of Chic but when she put her post on I didn't connect her with your family then.

Glad you are enjoying the forum, keep looking in on us O0

BP

I would just like to say a big thank you for posting all this information and pictures.
Without going into too much detail, it’s really nice to see theses pictures and hear about what things were like for personal reasons, of people whom I never even knew existed. As well as seeing a few posts from a few other people I also never met.
So sorry that this message seems a little bit odd, but I felt I needed post something again for personal reasons.

celeste

• Global Moderator
You're very welcome  :)

celeste

• Global Moderator
Hi Celeste

I am Good and all the more so for being able to share with like minded people.Great website and i am humbled by all your thoughts words and deeds.

Keep up the great work.Hope you are well and all is good for the people around you that you love and care for.

Don .. O0

Good morning to you,  now this will make you laugh, smile, or put you in shock - I had dream in which I received a bouquet of pretty flowers,  I looked for the card and it said 'from TheOne' - Good luck

Strange things dreams, out of nowhere!

Hope you're still doing fine

Celeste