Author Topic: Printing  (Read 2548 times)

Jim44

Printing
« on: 12:31:25, 31/12/11 »
I saved a document as a Jpej document, when i try to print it, it comes out blank. printers is ok, plenty of ink and it prints non Jpej documents ok. is there anything I can do about it?

Cupcake

Re: Printing
« Reply #1 on: 17:13:20, 31/12/11 »
Ooooh.  Not a lot to go on there, so apologies if you've already thought of these things.....

Where did you save from and what programme did you save it into?  If, for instance, you've saved an image into a Word file, then that might upset things.  You do mean Jpeg with a g, right?  If you've typed in jpej manually on the save, that might be it. 

Generally speaking, I'd go back and perform the save again, making sure the doc name and type are right and saving it into your "pictures" folder on the desktop, rather than into any other kind of file or folder.

Other than that, I'm as blank as your page!  If you post a bit more info, we can have another think, and maybe someone a lot better at this than I am can sort things.  Best of luck!  O0 
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

Jim44

« Reply #2 on: 13:51:34, 01/01/12 »
I should add that I filled in a tax form, scanned it and saved it as a jpg file. I then sent the original off, but now I want to print a copy but it won't print it out, it goes through the motions and comes out blank. Non jpg documents come out ok.

Cupcake

« Reply #3 on: 18:44:20, 01/01/12 »
Oooooh.  But you can open the file and see the doc on screen OK?  ???

That's one I've not seen before....seen my mum get a blank page by scanning something face UP, but obviously the screen was blank too!  If you can return to the file and open it onscreen in readable format, then you ought to be able to print from within it.  You're not getting error messages, just a blank page, so it doesn't sound like a communication fault either..... and you're printing other things, so it's not that your ink is out - I assume it's a B&W scan - it's not trying to print blue from a dry tank or something daft?  You don't say whether it'll print other jpegs?

Got me with that one.  Only other thing I can suggest is swap in a different printer cable.  If it's recognising the detail from the jpeg and your cable's a bit shot, sometimes you get odd results.  Admittedly, I've never seen a complete blank from that, but it's a cheap enough try if you've a spare cable.

I shall go and ask my cleverer friends..... ;)

Jim44

« Reply #4 on: 21:30:43, 05/01/12 »
Now sorted printing out, it seems it wouldn't print, because it was a colour document and i was out of ink, like you said it may be the cause.
Thanks for help Cupcake.

Cupcake

« Reply #5 on: 21:49:53, 05/01/12 »
No worries at all, Jim.  I like a puzzle!  It can also happen if you've not printed anything in colour for a really long time and the ink nozzle's gone icky, but that's a fairly terminal fault in a printer.   :-\

sheilanz

« Reply #6 on: 01:10:54, 05/01/14 »
Typed a letter   fine, sent it for printing to my Cannon

printed ok BUT it was the size of the small print bit
on a contract, very very tiny...............Had been printing ok up to then so why the deviation

Cupcake

« Reply #7 on: 11:51:58, 05/01/14 »
If you used a letter template already in the machine, perhaps it had a pre-set font size?  You should just be able to check and adjust on screen though.  Highlight the text and click on font size from your toolbar, then make it bigger.  10/12 is normal for most fonts - Courier, Times New Roman etc.