Author Topic: From Photobucket to here???  (Read 5670 times)

pinkhazel

From Photobucket to here???
« on: 10:21:06, 31/03/12 »
Hi
Just uploaded some pics to photobucket...been told they will be better quality and will also re-size themselves???...but the problem is how do I transfer them from there to here??... :-\ ...you know I'm a der brain on computers...any CLEAR EASY instuctions will be most welcome!!!... O0
Any Unattended Children Will Be Given An Expresso & A Free Kitten!!

Cupcake

Re: From Photobucket to here???
« Reply #1 on: 12:17:47, 31/03/12 »
OK.  You know how to open a new post here and you know how to insert an image.  So all you need is the link to paste into the "insert image" box.

To get that, open another browser tab, log into Photobucket, go your album on the site, click on the pic you want to post and underneath are four options for "share", and the third one down is "direct link". Click on that and it automatically copies the link for you. 

Then go back to your post, click on "insert image" and when the little box opens, put your cursor in it and right click to bring up the menu, then select "paste".  And Robert's your mother's brother! 

Have a go. 
It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice.

pinkhazel

« Reply #2 on: 14:05:37, 31/03/12 »
Cheers Cc...I'll try it now on this thread...and if it goes horribly wrong...they'll be less chance of me being booed off this forum ;D ...

Well its 20 mins ago since I tried still nothing!!...when I click on pic is it right or left click...coz I can't find the options for direct link..and the insert image box is empty because the word paste doesn't appear...oh lord...I'm a silly old bag!!..wheres that wine??? ::)

Cupcake

« Reply #3 on: 20:08:47, 31/03/12 »
Oh dear.  Right, back to basics.  Log into Photobucket.  Open your album and click on the pic you want to post here.  Now, underneath that pic should appear your options for "share" with four lines that each have a link.  The top one says something like "Email and IM" and the third line down says "direct link".  Just click on "direct link" and it should copy the link for you.  If not, then put your cursor on the link and right click to get a little menu and select "copy" from there by putting the cursor on the word "copy" and left clicking it.

When you are in your opened post on here, click on the "insert image" button and a tiny window opens, where you can put your cursor, right click and select "paste" and your copied link should appear.  Make sure you don't leave the little "http" bit that automatically comes up in the tiny window - it's already included in your copied link.

Have another go!   O0  It's a bit fiddly, but once you get the hang of it it's dead easy.

pinkhazel

« Reply #4 on: 20:23:41, 31/03/12 »
 ;D

Cupcake

« Reply #5 on: 20:34:27, 31/03/12 »
 ;D  I can faintly hear the Hallelujah Chorus echoing from Bolton.....  Good for you!  It took me a few goes to get the hang of the right link and then my PC got all huffy about opening the pop up for the insert image button, so I had to remember to open my post, open the second tab, go fetch the link, disable my pop up blocker and paste it in.....  got a bit sweary once or twice... ;) 

pinkhazel

« Reply #6 on: 20:58:16, 31/03/12 »
Yaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!....Just done the can-can in the street!!!!!!! ;D !Cheers Cc!!! O0 ....I'm such a cluz!!!!! :idiot2:

Cupcake

« Reply #7 on: 19:58:28, 01/04/12 »
No you're not.  Nobody is born able to import pics from Photobucket - everyone learns the same way - it's just some of us laugh more as we get there!   O0

mel the bell

« Reply #8 on: 16:38:51, 12/05/12 »
got a bit sweary once or twice... ;)
:o
You sir, are a buffoon

Cupcake

« Reply #9 on: 18:57:46, 12/05/12 »
At least one  :o  if I get really cross.  ;D I never swear at people, never call names, never swear in public or in front of children/grannies/vicars/strangers/work people, but some days, when it seems to be "Annoy Cupcake Day" and everyone knew except me...... on those days, I go somewhere quiet and alone and use all the bad words I know in one long string until I run out of breath.  Then I feel better.

Research shows that swearing uses areas of the brain that actually diminish pain, so swearing when you hammer your thumb reduces the time for which it hurts like mad.  So there's some defence for my complete obscenity in the face of mental anguish...... well, that's my story anyway.  O0   

mel the bell

« Reply #10 on: 19:37:08, 12/05/12 »
At least one  :o  if I get really cross.  ;D I never swear at people, never call names, never swear in public or in front of children/grannies/vicars/strangers/work people, but some days, when it seems to be "Annoy Cupcake Day" and everyone knew except me...... on those days, I go somewhere quiet and alone and use all the bad words I know in one long string until I run out of breath.  Then I feel better.

Research shows that swearing uses areas of the brain that actually diminish pain, so swearing when you hammer your thumb reduces the time for which it hurts like mad.  So there's some defence for my complete obscenity in the face of mental anguish...... well, that's my story anyway.  O0
nowt wrong with a bloody good swear combo :P
You sir, are a buffoon

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: 21:02:11, 12/05/12 »
nowt wrong with a bloody good swear combo :P

** takes notes **

All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

mel the bell

« Reply #12 on: 21:04:06, 12/05/12 »

** takes notes **
you know me already and my nortyness
You sir, are a buffoon

celeste

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: 22:08:48, 12/05/12 »
yes and pretty soon everyone else will too  :P ;)
All that's necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

mel the bell

« Reply #14 on: 22:12:49, 12/05/12 »
yes and pretty soon everyone else will too  :P ;)

Oo
You sir, are a buffoon